Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Data Logger files

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 06:01 PM
saibel
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Data Logger files

I am evaluating the software systems for RacePak, Traqmate and Race Keeper. Does anyone have some corvette track files they might be interested in sharing. I have been able to look at traqmate, but am seeking actual files for RacePak and Race Keeper. I would love to see a complete traqmate with video.

With racekeeper, I was not even able to get the software running, not a great start. If anyone is in the sharing mode, I was hoping to get a look at the software capabilities.

Thanks

Steve
Old 10-06-2009, 08:39 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by saibel
I am evaluating the software systems for RacePak, Traqmate and Race Keeper. Does anyone have some corvette track files they might be interested in sharing. I have been able to look at traqmate, but am seeking actual files for RacePak and Race Keeper. I would love to see a complete traqmate with video.

With racekeeper, I was not even able to get the software running, not a great start. If anyone is in the sharing mode, I was hoping to get a look at the software capabilities.

Thanks

Steve
Steve

PM me your email and I'll try to send you a couple Traqmate files and the associated video files. The data and video are separate files.

I'm not sure you'll be able to see the video on TraqView without having TraqStudio. You probably have been able to download TraqView to look at Traqmate data files, but TraqStudio is a $200 option.

If you have TraqStudio you open a data file, then you tell it where the video file that goes with it is located on your computer and it will open that in a window next to your track map and other data you're viewing.

If you don't have a ChaseCam, but rather some other video camcorder, you then have to synchronize the video and data (an easy step that shouldn't take more than a minute or so). If you have a ChaseCam video recorder with the TraqData II unit it will automatically synch your video and data.

Here's a screenshot of Traqmate with no video:

And here's a screenshot of TraqStudio with the video displayed next to the other data:

If you don't have TraqStudio I don't know that you'll be able to view the video like you see in the picture above.

BTW: In TraqStudio you can select laps you want to download as video files with the "dashboard" overlay. The video file with the overlay can then be downloaded to your computer to send to friends, or you can upload to a video hosting site like youtube, vimeo, streetfire, etc. If your forum setup allows you to see signatures and you see a picture below, click on it to open a video with the dashboard overlay.

Bob

Last edited by BEZ06; 10-06-2009 at 08:47 PM. Reason: added BTW
Old 10-07-2009, 05:48 AM
worldsaway
Racer

I just got my RaceKeeper system friday, I haven't even installed it yet. I couldn't get the software to run on the netbook I was using until I got a smart techno buddy to fix it. The problem wasn't really RaceKeeper's, it was looking for a dll file that wasn't in the right place. I am VERY PLEASED with the customer service so far, as the sales manager has called me three nights to give me advise, pretty strong. Let me know if I can help. Ed
Old 10-07-2009, 09:11 AM
saibel
Racer

I have also tried to find that dll file when opening up the comparo software. WHat did you do to fix that bug?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:33 AM
2MCHPWR
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

I am uploading a racekeeper file now (video is big and should be up in 10 minutes). You will have to copy all the files in below directory and then open up racekeeper software to run it. its a few laps at monticello motor club full course in my c5:

http://www.ponycars.net/racekeeper/

once open, it will look like this:

I use their OBDII adapter to get the throttle position, RPM and speed data.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3YMGWp2fo4

I also have a pro racer's file in my car, same course and its great to use racekeepers compare feature to see my stuff versus his. If you want, I can upload that one too.

Also if you want a free camera with racekeeper purchase, send me a PM for coupon code.

Last edited by 2MCHPWR; 10-07-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:31 PM
saibel
Racer

Thanks for this information. I can not get the racekeeper software to run. Keeps telling me that a file is missing. tried to contact the company but have not gotten a response. Once I do, I will look forward to looking at the files.

Thank you kindly!!

Steve
Old 10-07-2009, 11:36 PM
SteveS66
Instructor

Have you checked out the DashWare software from ChaseCam? It's pretty slick. Disclaimer - I know the guys that developed it.

Steve

http://www.chasecam.com/catalog/25/d...rationsoftware
Old 10-08-2009, 05:21 AM
worldsaway
Racer

Originally Posted by saibel
Thanks for this information. I can not get the racekeeper software to run. Keeps telling me that a file is missing. tried to contact the company but have not gotten a response. Once I do, I will look forward to looking at the files.

Thank you kindly!!

Steve
The guy who fixed my netbook is an IT guy, so he's good. He said the dll file is there, but my computer was looking for it in the wrong place. He found the file on my netbook and copied it to a different section and it was goodtago. Hope that helps, me personally, I'm a technically challenged redneck. Ed

Get notified of new replies

To Data Logger files

Quick Reply: Data Logger files