Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get a "splitter" brace?

Old 10-09-2009, 03:01 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Where to get a "splitter" brace?

Here comes yet another question to you experts out there. I have the Greenwood nose on my C4 but there is a small problem with it. It is only held on with 2 little screws and is very flexible in the center and has a tendency to move around rather than to stay still and do it's job. I was thinking about putting a single brace in the center from the bumper cover down, similar to what you usually see on a splitter. Problem is that I have no idea where to get that. I have seen some things that I think might work at the hardware store, but wondering if there was a better option out there. Thanks as always!

Old 10-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Z06cool
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 10-09-2009, 03:30 PM
J.R.
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Splitter brace

I use Nascar spoiler braces on my splitter. These can be found on e-bay for a reasonable price. Longacre also sells them. You can just measure where you want to put it so you can make sure you buy the correct length.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:03 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 708 Likes on 489 Posts

If you feel like pulling the nose, I'd put a nutsert in the nose, then run a threaded rod up directly to the frame.

Another option would be to bond some honeycomb/foam material into the splitter to stiffen it up........the way it SHOULD have been made to begin with.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:37 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
If you feel like pulling the nose, I'd put a nutsert in the nose, then run a threaded rod up directly to the frame.

Another option would be to bond some honeycomb/foam material into the splitter to stiffen it up........the way it SHOULD have been made to begin with.
Thanks a bunch for the advice. For the time being I'm just going to stick a brace in there... the 80% solution. Maybe when I get bored over the winter I'll pull it apart and do it right.

Of course if I go that far, I'm more than likely going to make an actual splitter/Greenwood mutt. Been trying to think about how to do that for a while now. Hmmmmmm...... could be interesting!

Get notified of new replies

To Where to get a "splitter" brace?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where to get a "splitter" brace?