Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dirty bergmeister

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 06:32 PM
shifter77
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirty bergmeister

Magnusson your da man, awesome drving. LONG LIVE CORVETTE GT2
Old 10-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by shifter77
Magnusson your da man, awesome drving. LONG LIVE CORVETTE GT2
Wow..

to bergmeister... and for all of his bitchin' when Ferrari did the same thing to him a few years back..
Old 10-11-2009, 06:37 PM
StealthLT4
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't believe Jorg kept the win after intentionally running Magnusson into the wall... watched the race today, and I'm still pissed. I mean, he passed him TWICE in the last 2 laps!
Old 10-11-2009, 06:38 PM
american18us
Advanced

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh I'm gonna punch porsche racing right in the mouth. That was sick racing. I'm glad someone else saw this travishamockery!!! I need a beer to calm down.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

I still feel...

and from the looks of the pit crews I'm surpised we didnt see any post race
Old 10-11-2009, 06:45 PM
american18us
Advanced

Originally Posted by Z06_BluByU
I still feel...

and from the looks of the pit crews I'm surpised we didnt see any post race
Probably had some shirt grabbing I bet. I would have manhandled someone if I was on team vette's pit crew.

Seriously though how did the officials knock down the Vette pass. Pit out doesn't have a speed limit and exiting ppl get in the way all the time without penalty. What is the rule that made the C6R have to give position back?

Brilliant driving; dirty, gritty, american!
Old 10-11-2009, 07:45 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

JM got what he deserved
Old 10-11-2009, 07:46 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Z06_BluByU
Wow..

to bergmeister... and for all of his bitchin' when Ferrari did the same thing to him a few years back..
they were side by side
Old 10-11-2009, 07:46 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by american18us
Probably had some shirt grabbing I bet. I would have manhandled someone if I was on team vette's pit crew.

Seriously though how did the officials knock down the Vette pass. Pit out doesn't have a speed limit and exiting ppl get in the way all the time without penalty. What is the rule that made the C6R have to give position back?

Brilliant driving; dirty, gritty, american!
he cut the course for an unfair advantage. If they let everyone do that during a race how long before it would be an accident?
Old 10-11-2009, 07:57 PM
bcstonic
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Corvette racing used to be a class act. No more I'm afraid. They are now driving like NASCAR pilots. If you cannot make the pass cleanly you do not deserve the position. It seems more and more CR bangs, punts, and t-bones their way to the front. JM deserved what he got.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:58 PM
american18us
Advanced

You can't hit someone on the rear fender and then push them in the door if your side by side. Only if your behind in second place after getting passed. He did it on purpose. The comment was "I wasn't going to lose like that. I'm still shaking after that" by Bergmeister. He was mad, not a collected professional driver that had just lost. The better driver and car goes to the C6R. Just look at the pass outside a few laps before and the distance after the entrance lane pass.

He didn't cut the course. He used actual road to pass and did it at speed. Anyone that pulls out of pit lane is at the same speed in that area, no speed limits imposed. Its a missed call by the referees.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:00 PM
shifter77
Drifting

Running any driver into the wall who clearly got a run for the finish is DIRTY.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:01 PM
TLGunman
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry, I gotta say 'grats to the Lizards.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:02 PM
mcar00
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
he cut the course for an unfair advantage. If they let everyone do that during a race how long before it would be an accident?
And on the last turn I think Jorg did everything he had to do. He got bumped first and I'm sure he was reliving Turn 17 at Sebring from several years ago and was thinking "Not this time"! Jan could have backed off at any time and took second (unscathed). Great racing and I'm glad he was OK.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Z11409
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was at the races for the weekend-what you see and hear on the TV is not the entire story.Just good side by side racing!.Racing is all about making big money for the promoters and the sponsors,a driver signs a contract to win.Hopefully at tonights ALMS awards dinner more will be said.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:38 PM
american18us
Advanced

Originally Posted by Z11409
I was at the races for the weekend-what you see and hear on the TV is not the entire story.Just good side by side racing!.Racing is all about making big money for the promoters and the sponsors,a driver signs a contract to win.Hopefully at tonights ALMS awards dinner more will be said.
I tried to find info. When is the rest of the story coming out, what time is the dinner?
Old 10-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Bwright
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 159 Likes on 77 Posts

Jan's pass through a portion of the pit area was overruled by the officials and Jan promptly gave the lead back. So no advantage was gained by the Corvette which was likely in fact hurt by having to waste precious remaining time slowing down to allow the Porsche to catch back up. But the pass showed that the Corvette was clearly faster. Outside of this, in the closing laps Jan was able to pass Bergmeister twice on the outside and in at least one instance of this Bergmeister moved over to put Jan into the dirt. On the final turn of the last lap Jan barely tapped Bergmeister's rear bumper and the contact was not enough to even move the Porsche to put so much as a wheel off track. What happened next will forever mark Bergmeister as not only having neither talent nor class but as being dirty, unprofessional and clearly dangerous when he is out of his league.

The Corvette began to pull away on the left side of the stretch and Bergmeister, with acres of empty track to his right, turned continuously left into the Corvette forcing Jan into the wall from which he rebounded and spun around the nose of the Porsche. That he spun around and across the nose of the Porsche shows that he was at that point now in front of it. The resulting violent head-on impact into the wall could have had a very, very serious ending.

Again, watch the video of that last turn to the crash. That Bergmeister forced him to the wall is beyond question. Unlike Bergmeister, Jan rose far enough in the professional driving ranks to reach F1. He does not accidentally drive into walls.

In their eagerness to put on a better "show" than their competitors the ALMS is letting the results of a driver deliberately endangering the life of another driver stand. They had better be very careful.

Consider this, Bergmeister had a now famous bumping battle with the Ferrari F430 of Jaime Melo in the closing laps of the 2007 12 hours of Sebring race which saw the Ferrari take the win. The Ferrari driver went unpunished. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5MlGHf33jk Note Bergmeister yelling at the end over the radio for a protest to be filed for reckless driving. That was just a set of bumps and the problem could have been nipped then. Now we see the escalation as, put in a similar situation, Bergmeister now crashes out his rival. Perhaps the ALMS will get it when the next unpunished escalation of the sort of utterly reckless driving Bergmeister just showed ends with someone leaving the track in a body bag.

Get notified of new replies

To Dirty bergmeister

Old 10-11-2009, 09:26 PM
american18us
Advanced

That ferrari vs porsche was tough driving, the fireworks are distracting as heck. the ferrari did a cya (cover your a**) saying he had problem with the brakes. I don't think the ferrari would have put him into the wall though. He pulls off but the porsche thinks he's gonna hit wall, they got close earlier in the clip and he doesn't hit wall there either, the announcer says "How close would you like it". I can see reason to get mad and definately could have nipped it then.

Now we've got one more wrecked C6
Old 10-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Joe_Knesek
Racer

The bottom line is that Bergmeister knew he was beat and justified crashing someone to win with no regard to the potential consequences of his actions. I don't see how one can celebrate in such an act. It's certainly not a victory.

Thankfully, Magnusson was not injured & I doubt Bergmeister or others would be making comments like "JM got what he deserved" if the outcome turned out to be catastrophic.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:51 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

damn that c6r took a brutal crash.

Quick Reply: Dirty bergmeister