Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona Dec 4, 5 OR 6

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 10:53 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Default Daytona Dec 4, 5 OR 6

In addition to the 3-day HPDE being put on by Audi with info in this thread:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...with-audi.html

Hooked On Driving will also be sharing the track with Audi:
IT IS OFFICIAL NOW, DAYTONA DECEMBER 4-6 IS HERE.

Registration is now open for the Daytona event. You can choose from a 1 day to a 3 day package. Each day will give you 2 hours of track time. Unfortunately this event will not be available to Beginners. Coaches that want to attend will have to register as Advanced and for the very first time will have to pay the event fees.

We will be sharing the track with another club, but we will have our own run group and our own parking area. You will be running with all the familiar people that have been attending HOD for the last year.

Registration will be limited to the first 50 people that register. There is room for more cars to take part in our run group, but to give you the same quality track time and space we will not overcrowd the group. We have seen others allow up to 100 cars on the track at the same time and it looked like rush hour traffic on I-95. We want to provide you with the same quality event as you are used to.

GILBERT RACING will have Corvette's available for this event should you not want to drive your own car at Daytona. Track support will also be available, and due to the large demand for this service please notify us in advance so we can have the proper personnel to take care of your vehicle.

Garages and overnight RV spots are available for us, please call Henry Gilbert to make reservation for these.

http://www.hookedondriving.com
Phone: 954 258-6613

For the Audi event you have to sign up for the full 3 days for $1200.

For the HOD event you can just run 1 or 2 days (not sure, but I think it's $400 per day).

HOD also has Corvettes available to rent if you want to fly in instead of driving down here with your own car.

If you've never driven on a track before you can run with Audi.

HOD says no beginners.

Bob
Old 10-20-2009, 11:34 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

Hooked on Driving does a great job. Contact Henry at Hooked on Driving(Florida) or Check HOD web site. Unfortunately I'm going to be out of town that weekend. Have a great time guys. JD
Old 10-20-2009, 08:33 PM
anotherone
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I couldnt do the past 3 day gig but when hod said 1 day would work I jumped on it.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,754 Likes on 941 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

I hate you people that dont have to stop racing in October/November because of snow! Sounds like a fun event.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:53 AM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

wonder what the car rental runs... I would be interested!

:
Old 10-21-2009, 09:07 AM
sgsvette
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06_BluByU
wonder what the car rental runs... I would be interested!

:
call the phone number listed on BEZ06 message for Hooked n Driving.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:25 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Default HOD open to BEGINNERS!

The HOD part of the event at Daytona was previously announced as only for advanced drivers.

However, it was recently opened to BEGINNERS!!

Our DAYTONA event December 4-6 has had a change for the better: Registration will open today for Beginners and Coaches. Coaches will have to call for special pricing, and a few spots remain open. You must have experience at Daytona to be eligible to coach.

Garages will be available on the yellow garage area where we will all be parked at. Remember that registration will close on November 30th as we will be heading to Daytona December 1st to set up for this BIG event.

Track support will be available for those of you needing service or parts, contact Henry Gilbert at 954 258-6613 for more information or reservations. Only a few spots remain open as 15 cars is our limit. Corvette rentals are also available for this event.
So.......you can drive for one day for much reduced cost rather than the entire 3-day event which is pretty expensive, and you can drive the event if you're a beginner with no track experience.

Bob
Old 11-10-2009, 12:38 PM
snow
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 220 Likes on 171 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10, '17-'18-'19

very cool!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:32 PM
MNCrystalRed2011
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kubs
I hate you people that dont have to stop racing in October/November because of snow! Sounds like a fun event.
I was down there last year and had an absolute blast. Towed my car from Minnesota and back. It was a haul, but worth it.

Bob, have a great and safe time again this year. Take lots of video and post them. I look forward to seeing them.

Get notified of new replies

To Daytona Dec 4, 5 OR 6

Quick Reply: Daytona Dec 4, 5 OR 6