Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hay Austin Boys.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 10:05 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 244 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Default Hay Austin Boys.......

Spent Sunday at ECR with the new car. Got most of the bugs worked out for now, ran like a scalded cat till I ran out of rubber

Best lap for the morning was a 1.56:38, could have cut a couple more off after lunch as the track came in. Next time......

Here's a short video of the day.....my camera does not like the high freq vibration...hoping Santa will bring me a new HD camcorder

Looking forward to running with you guys next year at NASA!

http://www.vimeo.com/7175187

Last edited by hisvett; 10-20-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:11 PM
yakisoba
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What class will you be in? WtW or TT? Looks like you're running well!
Old 10-21-2009, 04:54 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by yakisoba
What class will you be in? WtW or TT? Looks like you're running well!
Not sure but the other GTA car running last time was in the next to the top class, unlimited in the TT group? I figure when the time comes I'll just show up and let them put me wherever.

A small contingency from work is going out to ECR this Friday. One C6, a former ASA car and my GTA car. Should be fun....if the rain stops in time

I was looking at TWS for next month with TDE but work looks like it might get in the way again Dec will be a no show for sure....I'll be working at LAX over that weekend.....come on 6 numbers daddy needs to retire
Old 10-21-2009, 06:29 PM
The Spark
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey hisvett -

I ran TT with NASA at ECR on 10/3-4. My best time on Saturday was 2:08.5xx. I'm running TTS. Last session Saturday was rained out. I didn't go out.

On 3rd session I lost my brakes on cool down lap. The bleeder backed out of the RF caliper and was spraying brake fluid all over the place. Luckily it was on the cool down lap. there was a 911 turbo that went off in the weeds at the end of the back straight.

I'm still pretty cautious on this track. Last October I went offtrack and busted up the front of my car. Had to replace the radiator and do some repairs there at the track. The first time I went to ECR several people did pretty major damage to their cars went they went off.

I know I can run faster at this track. It is lots of fun.

BTW - it rained the Sunday we were there. I had to make at least 1 lap for my season points to count. The track was wet and I was on Hoosier R6s. I turned a 3:30 The ABS was going nuts going into Turn 11 (last turn before the front staight). It was puddling really bad right in the braking zone. Other than a few rivers running across the track it dries up pretty quick when the rain stops.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:35 PM
yakisoba
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah. I managed a 2:07 having not seen the track before. I'm pretty sure I could knock at least three or four off of that given a bit pf practice there. It's a fun track in the dry.

In the wet, I did a 2:38 on street tires. Most of the day I could have been on Hoosiers, but it was very wet and I gambled that it would get wetter. It did so, pretty much all day Sunday. I shut off all the electronic stuff except the ABS. It could not deal with the stuff I had to do to turn a decent time. I do love rain driving, but I need to do more of it!
Old 10-24-2009, 07:55 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by yakisoba
Yeah. I managed a 2:07 having not seen the track before. I'm pretty sure I could knock at least three or four off of that given a bit pf practice there. It's a fun track in the dry.

In the wet, I did a 2:38 on street tires. Most of the day I could have been on Hoosiers, but it was very wet and I gambled that it would get wetter. It did so, pretty much all day Sunday. I shut off all the electronic stuff except the ABS. It could not deal with the stuff I had to do to turn a decent time. I do love rain driving, but I need to do more of it!
We were rained out last Friday....more of a hangover from the rain. The track was closed for prep work for the TDE group today.

Are you guys thinking of TWS in Nov with TDE? I might rearrange my work so I can make it. BUT it has to be a rain free weekend for my car....

Get notified of new replies

To Hay Austin Boys.......

Quick Reply: Hay Austin Boys.......