Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hesitation over bumps...fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 09:31 PM
aspeters
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hesitation over bumps...fuel?

Hi - started having an issue with my '92 street/track car. When going over a bumps in the road, occasionally the car stops accelerating and the "Service Engine Soon" light flickers on. I lift off the gas, and a second later everything is fine.

Separately from this, on the last fillup, my gas gauge went up to full, but the "Miles to Empty" did not change; the dash computer now flickers with SYS.

Possible causes: At my last trackday, I got a bad batch of gas that I think had water in it; so had to add some drygas.

I also did a few laps at less than half a tank, and started getting some lag when accelerating out of corners, ie fuel starvation. Only after the session did I learn the engine goes lean and could get damaged.

Possible ideas: Fuel filter is clogged from the water/drygas; fuel pump and or sock are ruined from starvation; fuel pump wiring is old and the vibrations make the connection come loose; or, sending unit has gone bad.

Possible solutions: I already ordered a new filter and a Walbro 190lph pump kit that includes wiring harness. Any other thoughts?

Thanks for the help,
Andy

Quick Reply: Hesitation over bumps...fuel?