Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

>>LG Motorsports NEW Drop Spindles **IN STOCK**<<

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 04:49 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Default >>LG Motorsports NEW Drop Spindles **IN STOCK**<<

Hey guys,

Lou gave everyone a sneak peak this past fall, well now they are in stock and ready to ship!

LG Motorsports new forged drop spindle for C5/C6/C6Z Corvette.

$2995 FOR ALL FOUR!!

A must have for lowered cars! Our new drop spindle will effectively lower your car slightly more than 1" from stock while leaving the control arms in the factory locations and within GM's designed suspension curve. We have been using these on all of our World Challenge Corvette's since 2004, and are currently being used on the new GrandAm GT #28 LG Motorsports Corvette

Our drop spindles include one full set of four uprights, assembled with mono ball upper mount, pivot pin, and nut. These are 100% direct replacements for your factory unit, with no modifications required to your factory control arms, bearings, tie rods, or caliper mounts.

Don't forget about our brake ducts and SKF bearings when doing the upgrade as well!

In stock, and ready to ship for only $2995 per set of four!

Call us today for your set!
Old 05-21-2010, 05:26 PM
MySR71
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I have a quick question for you Anthony: Because these are drop spindles, does that mean there is more room between the bottom torx bolt holding the bearing assembly and the lower control arm ball joint nut? It would be really cool to be able to change bearing assemblies without splitting the lower ball joints.

Just curious....
Old 05-21-2010, 05:27 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How much is the drop? Thanks!
Old 05-21-2010, 05:36 PM
jhester
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
How much is the drop? Thanks!
Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Our new drop spindle will effectively lower your car slightly more than 1" from stock while leaving the control arms in the factory locations and within GM's designed suspension curve.

I will give these a big +1, have seen them in person on the Grand Am car and they are quite a nice piece, for a great price
Old 05-21-2010, 06:23 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MySR71
I have a quick question for you Anthony: Because these are drop spindles, does that mean there is more room between the bottom torx bolt holding the bearing assembly and the lower control arm ball joint nut? It would be really cool to be able to change bearing assemblies without splitting the lower ball joints.

Just curious....
Yes, you can, even on the rears but you typically have to pull the half shaft. If you have the right Torx bit you can do it with the shaft in.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:26 PM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MySR71

Just curious....
Yes, you can service the bearing with out dropping the lower control arm

Effectively, we leave the upper and lower in the same location, and the bearing is moved upwards in the same real estate.

Its been a long time coming, as these used to be machined out of very large blocks of billet, costing upwards of 2000$ in material alone.

Now we have them forged, and then final machined. This cuts down on waste, and machine time as well as making the final price much much more cost effective. Previously, they were for mere immortals, costing 6,000$/set.

Im really excited about them
Old 05-21-2010, 07:07 PM
MySR71
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for the answers guys. The hardest part about changing bearing assemblies is accessing the lower torx bolt. It is great to hear that these help.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:19 PM
wmckeenster
Racer

What are the advantages of these over stock spindles?

In other words, what do they do to help a race car?....seems like a lot of $ to lower the car 1" when you can lower it via coilovers....

Sorry for the questions but there is really no info on your site to understand what they do
Old 05-21-2010, 07:41 PM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

camber curves, bumpsteer, bumpsteer curves, angle of the upper and lower control arm angles.

The corvette is designed to work 20mm~ lower than stock ride height. When you lower it past that, to get the CG down, and the car out of the air, the suspension geometry start getting a little crazy.

This allows us that bigger drop, with virtually zero trade off, not to mention, your shock lengths do not have to be so stubby now
Old 05-21-2010, 07:59 PM
jmorgan07z06
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Louis,

Is there any weight difference?

Jason
Old 05-21-2010, 08:44 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by jmorgan07z06
Louis,

Is there any weight difference?

Jason
Hi,

The weight difference is almost the same and in fact our CnC Spindles are 4 ounces heavier but they are about 3 times stronger.

A stock spindle on a car with slicks will actually flex where ours will not.

So the advantage is not only the ability to lower the car without changing the geometry that was intended from GM but they also increase the strength and provide a stronger part.

We could not race a car without these and I put them on my street cars also so the factory geometry still does what it was intended to do.

The upper ball joint is also a spherical bearing that is teflon lined.

Again, we are really happy to be able to offer these at almost 1/2 price from the original spindles that we had built. Direct bolt up and a good looking part too. With the improved CNC program we were able to clean up the radius plus remove some unneeded weight.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 05-21-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Just got mine and can't wait to try mine on the track. My builder (John Boos) said they look nice too. Thanks for making a quality piece!
Old 05-21-2010, 11:17 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

I just made a mess in my pants.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:19 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by mgarfias
I just made a mess in my pants.
$2995 will clean it up!
Old 05-21-2010, 11:22 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

$2995 will clean it up!
No ****, too bad I've blown my budget for the year putting up fence around our place. 5k linear feet of fencing aint cheap.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:28 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by mgarfias
No ****, too bad I've blown my budget for the year putting up fence around our place. 5k linear feet of fencing aint cheap.
A FENCE, what kind of fun is a fence?
Old 05-21-2010, 11:37 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

A FENCE, what kind of fun is a fence?
The kind that keeps the cattle from leaving. I don't need the kid of fun where they get out.

Get notified of new replies

To >>LG Motorsports NEW Drop Spindles **IN STOCK**<<

Old 05-22-2010, 01:43 PM
A-Z
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Hi,

I put them on my street cars also so the factory geometry still does what it was intended to do.

Lou Gigliotti
These do look like a very nice piece and I understand the objectives in lowering the CG while maintaining proper geometry, but I don't see how you are able to run a street car this much lower w/o constantly replacing the splitter/dam.

My car is at the low end of stock ride height and I scrape on lots of stuff, even at low speeds and taking inclines at an angle.

Andy
Old 05-22-2010, 02:15 PM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by A-Z
These do look like a very nice piece and I understand the objectives in lowering the CG while maintaining proper geometry, but I don't see how you are able to run a street car this much lower w/o constantly replacing the splitter/dam.

My car is at the low end of stock ride height and I scrape on lots of stuff, even at low speeds and taking inclines at an angle.

Andy
My car is slammed on stock leafs. Its low. I would make it lower if I could, and have yet to replace a splitter, but realize thats something that comes with the territory.

The suspension geometry at that ride height leaves something to be desired for the track guys that want the suspension to live where it was designed by GM to be.

The next issue you are going to run into is shock length. Droop vs compression, and a happy medium between with healthy stroke on the shock to still do its job.

As you begin to lower the car, you quickly run out of shock travel. Go too short on the shocks, you run out of droop, and are forced to run the car at an aggressively low rideheight. Sometimes you need to raise or lower the car to help tune it. You cannot do that if you are out of shock travel.

Is it overkill for the street? Yes. however, some opt for them because they want the car lower than possible.

They are designed for the track enthusiast who wants the most out of their car. Theyve done coilovers, R compounds, good brakes, see a lot of track miles a year, and want to take the next step.

At the previous 6k$ pricetag, there was interest, but too many people walked away, saying they were too expensive.

When we realized there was a market for a cost effective solution, we looked into forgings, and realized it was a big initial investment, but well worth the cost in the long run when trying to take corvette performance to the next level.

Louis
Old 07-02-2010, 05:32 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!

These have been a HUGE success and the first production run came and went very quickly. Almost within days of the trucking pulling in.

I have our new batch coming in early next week so I am ready to start shipping right after the 4th holiday. Get your orders in early before this one is gone!

Call us today to get a set ready to go today!

Quick Reply: >>LG Motorsports NEW Drop Spindles **IN STOCK**<<