Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tunes for racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 05:24 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

Default Tunes for racing

Hey guys how about a thread to remind tuners things to tune for our race and track cars. Some items may be obvious some are not so obvious. I'm just learning about "tunes" so I need your help.

***1) Tune out the second set of 02 sensors for cars running no cats.

(anyone know if a dual use streetcar illegal w/o cats will pass with 02 sims? I don't think the obd2 will allow a "ready" status on the drive cycle if you try to just trick the check engine light with a sim.)

***2) Reset VSS (vehicle speed sensor) to 200mph.

On my car I can crank the key really fast and the "pull key wait 10sec" DIC light flashes. So if I don't wait the car will only go 2 mph. So what happens if you spin off track and kill the motor and you are sitting in an impact zone? You crank the key really fast to try and get out of there and you can only creep at 2mph! That's not safe. Or the dreaded "column lock" will still ruin your day if you are not running a column lock bypass.

Any other tuning must haves?

Quick Reply: Tunes for racing