Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone doing VIR Thurs with PCA?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 11:06 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Anyone doing VIR Thurs with PCA?

Weather looks good. Run groups are small enough, that after lunch you can go with the group above you or below you. Seeing I am in the intermediate, that means plenty of track time. Last time was over 3 hours. Hope to get a chance to try some different shock setting with the Pfadts I have. It will also be first time back with new alignment from Mr. Farmer. Hope the car holds together. Anyone else going?
Old 05-26-2010, 11:56 AM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wish I was--it was between this one and Summit in mid May. I had a great time though--hope you do as well! Wilderness Trail is a great group to run with.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:02 PM
m3to335
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to go but they sold out. If anyone in advanced group wants to bow out, I'll gladly take their place
Old 05-26-2010, 09:10 PM
71corv
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Will not make this one. Plan to register for the Sept. event when Stan posts it next week. Will attend the Corvette Museum event the end of June. Right now, we need to find out the problem with my son's car.Battery will not stay charged at all. Have a new battery for the Camaro and switch it to the Vette and the Vette will not start after being shut down for a hour. Enjoy your time there.

Gene
Old 05-27-2010, 05:43 PM
GaussianMist
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

gorgeous track. how long is the back straight and how fast have you gone?
Old 05-28-2010, 04:21 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Backstretch is like over 3000 ft and I can get 150+. The Viper ACR guy I talked to yesterday says he can get 169. I am still on street tires so I lose a lot of speed coming out of Oak Tree. About the best I can do there is around 50 mph.

It was hot for sure, but not very crowded. I know it was a sell out, but there were times when I could not see anyone in front or behind me on the backstretch. The first part of open track was busy, but other than that, it was awesome. I worked hard all day on improving my lap times. May be why I had two off track trips.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:49 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by waddisme
Backstretch is like over 3000 ft and I can get 150+. The Viper ACR guy I talked to yesterday says he can get 169. I am still on street tires so I lose a lot of speed coming out of Oak Tree. About the best I can do there is around 50 mph.

It was hot for sure, but not very crowded. I know it was a sell out, but there were times when I could not see anyone in front or behind me on the backstretch. The first part of open track was busy, but other than that, it was awesome. I worked hard all day on improving my lap times. May be why I had two off track trips.
Glad you had a good time--what tires do you have/like? Starting to think true street tires & slower would be a lot less $$$
Old 05-29-2010, 11:44 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I have PS2s with less than 50% tread. They squeal and slide like crazy in almost every turn. I am trying to get my lap times down below 2:20 on street tires to justify switching to track tires. Just want to make sure driving skills are developed before going to track tires.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:38 PM
m3to335
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waddisme
I have PS2s with less than 50% tread. They squeal and slide like crazy in almost every turn. I am trying to get my lap times down below 2:20 on street tires to justify switching to track tires. Just want to make sure driving skills are developed before going to track tires.
if your comfortable move up to slicks and eventually you'll be pulling 2:08s without issues
Old 05-30-2010, 12:26 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I wouldn't say uncomfortable, but I felt on the ragged edge a lot. Actually, I had new calluses on both hands. I play tennis 3 to 4 times a week with a two-handed backhand, so it is not like they are soft. I will have my racing seats in next time, so that should help a lot. When I figure out how to edit quicktime movies, I will post some laps.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone doing VIR Thurs with PCA?

Quick Reply: Anyone doing VIR Thurs with PCA?