Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Dewitts EOC hose assy install

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 06:23 PM
johninar
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about Dewitts EOC hose assy install

I installed my DeWitts E97EL radiator a couple of weeks ago and now they just called and said the GM hose assembly for the EOC is off backorder. How hard is this install? I don't have a lift but it's a tad cramped with the car on my ramps.

Should I opt for a shop with a lift?

TIA,

John
Old 05-28-2010, 08:02 PM
2000BSME
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Not sure exactly what you are asking, but it's hardly necessary to put your car on a lift to install a couple of EOC hoses. The hardest part of that job is finding somewhere to route the hoses and keeping them off the headers and moving parts of the serpentine belt.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:13 PM
johninar
Drifting

I was asking about the end that attaches to the motor. The ends that attaches to the radiator won't be an issue.
http://www.dewitts.com/pages/product...asp?ProdID=429
Old 05-28-2010, 09:21 PM
2000BSME
Le Mans Master

Oh, I used something a little bigger, and was told it was necessary to be bigger. I think these are #10 lines (5/8th inch).

Although I'm not certain that bigger lines necessarily mean more flow, because that is dependent on the type of pump being used.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:05 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by johninar
I installed my DeWitts E97EL radiator a couple of weeks ago and now they just called and said the GM hose assembly for the EOC is off backorder. How hard is this install? I don't have a lift but it's a tad cramped with the car on my ramps.

Should I opt for a shop with a lift?

TIA,

John
John, with that setup I had to unbolt the motor mount and jack up the engine a bit to get the lines in not to bad really and I did it on jack stands in the front only. then used a block of wood and my floor jack to lift the engine a bit. It didn't take too long after iquit wrestling it and jacked up the engine to get it in and hooked up. as for the sizes of the hose vs the hard lines Dewitts test showed more flow capacity with the hard lines. which is the OEM choice also
Old 05-28-2010, 10:10 PM
2000BSME
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ErnieN85
John, with that setup I had to unbolt the motor mount and jack up the engine a bit to get the lines in not to bad really and I did it on jack stands in the front only. then used a block of wood and my floor jack to lift the engine a bit. It didn't take too long after iquit wrestling it and jacked up the engine to get it in and hooked up. as for the sizes of the hose vs the hard lines Dewitts test showed more flow capacity with the hard lines. which is the OEM choice also
I'd like to see a link to that 'test' if you have it. I can believe that the flow is equal, if the oil pump is a positive displacement pump (which it may be, I'm not sure) but I absolutely don't believe smaller lines with lots of bends in them flow better than smooth hose with bigger lines.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:15 PM
johninar
Drifting

Originally Posted by ErnieN85
Thanks Ernie, that's what I was needing.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:17 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000BSME
I'd like to see a link to that 'test' if you have it. I can believe that the flow is equal, if the oil pump is a positive displacement pump (which it may be, I'm not sure) but I absolutely don't believe smaller lines with lots of bends in them flow better than smooth hose with bigger lines.
It might be on Dewitts site although it was a phone conversation with Tom Dewitt he makes both types so has nothing to gain by pushing one over the other

Get notified of new replies

To Question about Dewitts EOC hose assy install

Quick Reply: Question about Dewitts EOC hose assy install