Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rookie track time for watkins glen

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 03:38 PM
CodeBlack
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default rookie track time for watkins glen

Well I finally down loaded my RLC data logger and was able to play back some info. My best time was 2.11869. I'm wondering if this is ok for my first time being at Watkins Glen?
Old 05-29-2010, 05:09 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CodeBlack
Well I finally down loaded my RLC data logger and was able to play back some info. My best time was 2.11869. I'm wondering if this is ok for my first time being at Watkins Glen?
I did just over three minutes once so I sent myself a Bowling Trophy for the good deed I did for myself

Only been there twice and crappy weather I had a few good laps after I got used to the track. No clue on times unless I searched in piles of papers if I could find her recordings. Guess you have to wait till others to chime in. From what I remember it's not a bad time for first time out rookie cookie

Last edited by John Shiels; 05-29-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:23 PM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats a very respectable time, especially first time there.

2.08-2.15 is running pretty fast there in a vette, I'm on the high end of that scale.

I think you were there the same event we were...not sure if you remember the #72 Vette, he was running 2.03's

Old 05-29-2010, 05:34 PM
CodeBlack
Drifting

Originally Posted by GettReal
Thats a very respectable time, especially first time there.

2.08-2.15 is running pretty fast there in a vette, I'm on the high end of that scale.

I think you were there the same event we were...not sure if you remember the #72 Vette, he was running 2.03's

Thanks. I was there and I do remember the car. Nice set up. My C6Z06 is bone stock except for brakes, ducts and it was my first time on Hoosier R6s. First part of the day I used street tires because of the rain.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:44 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

car 72 looks like it has a ton of AOA in the wing. I would like to see a side view.

Last edited by John Shiels; 05-29-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:23 PM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by John Shiels
car 72 looks like it has a ton of AOA in the wing. I would like to see a side view.
John, I dont have any handy but will look. That car has scary downforce - the AOA on the wing is as much as you can get out of it... 4" CF front splitter and undertray.. proper CF side splitters... rear CF diffuser... additional winglets on front and rear.. CF fully vented hood... rear 1/4 panels opened up to let more air out.. the back bumper is all vented..

I went out as a passenger and by lap 6 I thought I was going to throw up in my helmet.

But screaming around the track in that was a blast... I LOVE sequential gearboxes... so sweet.

Last edited by GettReal; 05-29-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:39 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by GettReal
John, I dont have any handy but will look. That car has scary downforce - the AOA on the wing is as much as you can get out of it... 4" CF front splitter and undertray.. proper CF side splitters... rear CF diffuser... additional winglets on front and rear.. CF fully vented hood... rear 1/4 panels opened up to let more air out.. the back bumper is all vented..

I went out as a passenger and by lap 6 I thought I was going to throw up in my helmet.

But screaming around the track in that was a blast... I LOVE sequential gearboxes... so sweet.
Wing looks like past stall point. i don't have much faith in any diffusers I have seen unless the entire car bottom is set up for it.

Last edited by John Shiels; 05-29-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:12 PM
bobmoore2
Drifting

Originally Posted by CodeBlack
I'm curious about your RLC data logger, because I've been thinking about getting one. Which unit do you have? What are your opinions of the unit?
Old 05-30-2010, 12:49 AM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by John Shiels
Wing looks like past stall point. i don't have much faith in any diffusers I have seen unless the entire car bottom is set up for it.
Dont know what more to tell you about the set up...It was his first time at the Glen and turning consistent 2:03's are pretty darn quick.

As a driver whos been there before, I have to tell you there were many turns (3 and 9) I thought there is no way he would stick and I was pleasantly surprised that we did so something on his set up is working very well. The only other thing I know is his motor is a cammed 427 that was tuned and has headers, thats it.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:54 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

So that is over 600 hp
Old 05-30-2010, 08:56 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by bobmoore2
I'm curious about your RLC data logger, because I've been thinking about getting one. Which unit do you have? What are your opinions of the unit?
He said he was still learning how to use it. It does a lot but not anything you can plug and play in ten minutes. He had it in another thread the type if you search. Steve may be working today.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:59 AM
CodeBlack
Drifting

Originally Posted by bobmoore2
I have the Micro Pod sport. Let's start with the negative- because of the rules at NASA/PDA and SCDA you can't use the suction cup mount for the windshield so I had to come up with a mounting point. I made a bracket for it through the A/C vent and ran the wires under the console. If your going to buy one I'll help you with it. Next are the instructions, poorly written, the people who wrote them must assume that all people are computer people. Give Yourself time to go through the system. Last negative, In order for the system to work you have to have or buy from RLC, a mouse, keyboard and USB hub, it's called the "start up kit". If you have one make sure that it will work with the micro pod sport. RLC sells the "Start up Kit" for around 60.00 which has everything you need.

Positive- The system gives you more features than the other companies. Go to their website and compare it to Traqmate and the others. If you need more info PM me

Get notified of new replies

To rookie track time for watkins glen

Quick Reply: rookie track time for watkins glen