Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB Camera Mount

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 01:33 AM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Default WTB Camera Mount

I'm looking for a video camera mount for a B-K harness bar. PM me if you have something. Thanks
Old 06-02-2010, 12:42 AM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Just go to Lowes of Home Depot and pick up a pipe clamp. Replace the screws with bolts and you're good to go.
It already has a 1/4-20 tap size in the top for the camera. Cost about 20 bucks.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:12 AM
AUTO_X_AL
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by sperkins
Just go to Lowes of Home Depot and pick up a pipe clamp. Replace the screws with bolts and you're good to go.
It already has a 1/4-20 tap size in the top for the camera. Cost about 20 bucks.

I'm going to give that a whirl! I tried the EMT clamp and it was too flimsy but this looks much more stable. Good looking out!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:56 AM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by AUTO_X_AL
I'm going to give that a whirl! I tried the EMT clamp and it was too flimsy but this looks much more stable. Good looking out!
You'll have to cut the head off of a bolt for the camera to mount up to it (thread by thread). One side threads into the mount and one side threads into the camera base. Make sense?

Also, I wrapped my bar where the clamp goes with some scrap rubber I had laying around.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Racer Buzz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fs: 2 “i/o port” video camera brackets

“FOR SALE”

“I/O PORT” VIDEO CAMERA BRACKET
New at $110.00

Now yours for just $75.00 with shipping

This is in Like New - Mint Condition Unit

Use this mount to improve driving skill and strategy, time sections of track, view your race with family and friends, and document rule infractions. This sturdy mount features a special polyurethane bushing to help eliminate the high-frequency vibrations found in the race environment. Our camera mount is now made with an aluminum mounting base and brackets for lighter weight.

The camera mount is for our Stable Energies harness guide bars, and 1¼" to 2" for roll bars and cages.

No drilling or welding required, the mount clamps onto your bar with the provided hardware.

It has complete 3-axis adjustment that allows you to aim the camera precisely, regardless of position on the roll cage.

AND

“FOR SALE”

“I/O Port” Hama Windshield Suction Mount Video Camera Bkacket
Sells New at $140.00

NOW yours for just $90.00 with shipping included

This a Like New – Mint Condition Unit

The strong locking suction cup mounts your camera securely to the windshield or side window glass. Tested this mount on the race track at speed and found the picture quality to be quite remarkable. Strong enough to hold palm recorders or mid-size camcorders, this unit is made with quality construction throughout. One of our Security Straps is recommended to tether the mount in case of an accident.

Comes with mounting instructions.

(NOTE: Not legal for SCCA Road Racing.)

Buzz Fyhrie
Cell: 954-612-3606
E-Mail: rcrbuzz@bellsouth.net
Ft Lauderdale, FL 33324
Attached Images   

Get notified of new replies

To WTB Camera Mount

Quick Reply: WTB Camera Mount