Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michelin PS2 ZP Pressure for this weekend @ NJMP

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 01:20 PM
jbednarsh
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Michelin PS2 ZP Pressure for this weekend @ NJMP

Hey Gang - I'll be heading down to NJMP Thunderbolt this weekend, expected temps in the low/mid 80's. I just put new Michelin PS2 ZP's on my C6 Z06, stock rims/sizes.

Curious if any of you have found a sweet spot in terms of starting tire pressure on these Michelins. I've only had 1 track day on them (a couple weeks ago at Pocono), didn't pay much attention to the pressure as I was just breaking them in and the configuration we ran was mostly straight-away. First track day of the season for me, I was just happy to be there

I didn't really come across anything in the forum archive, any shared experience would be much appreciated.

Thx
jb
Old 06-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Not sure what psi you should run but we will be at NJMP this weekend too.

If I took a guess I would run 30f / 28r cold and see where that puts you and Ultimately looking for 38f / 36r hot but again just a guess.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:36 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who are you guys running with? I will be there instructing with TrackDaze on Thunderbolt.

Regarding your pressures. I did an event in May where Hoosier had tire tech seminar and this question was asked (regarding street tires on the track). The answer was that street tires should be run a few pounds higher than the cold OEM manufacturer recomended pressure for that car. For example, I think stock GM recommends 30psi cold for a Corvette all around, so according to the Hoosier tech, you would want to start out around 33 cold.

His statement was that most street tires sidewalls are not stiff enough for true track duty, and the extra pressure will help stiffen the tire.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Matt we will be on Thunderbolt too. See you saturday.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:22 PM
jbednarsh
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great, I'm running with TrackDaze too. Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

Originally Posted by 95jersey
Regarding your pressures. I did an event in May where Hoosier had tire tech seminar and this question was asked (regarding street tires on the track). The answer was that street tires should be run a few pounds higher than the cold OEM manufacturer recomended pressure for that car. For example, I think stock GM recommends 30psi cold for a Corvette all around, so according to the Hoosier tech, you would want to start out around 33 cold.

His statement was that most street tires sidewalls are not stiff enough for true track duty, and the extra pressure will help stiffen the tire.
The "ZP"'s are runflats so they do have stiffer sidewalls than standard street tires. But I'll bump up the pressure a little and see how it goes.

Thx
jb
Old 06-09-2010, 05:25 PM
VTME13
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95jersey
Who are you guys running with? I will be there instructing with TrackDaze on Thunderbolt.

That's about right... I have PS2's and start cold with 33f/32r and get 37-38f/35-36r hot.

Get notified of new replies

To Michelin PS2 ZP Pressure for this weekend @ NJMP

Quick Reply: Michelin PS2 ZP Pressure for this weekend @ NJMP