Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for c6 Z brake shipping boxes

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 09:05 PM
STLBLUES
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Looking for c6 Z brake shipping boxes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buying a used set of Z06 brakes and calipers. Anyone have the shipping boxes left over from thier purchase of new c6 z06 calipers, rotors? I have no idea how well the boxes are made, should I just create my own? I am the buyer so I will be unable to build the boxes but I can ship empty boxes to the seller. Just a thought.
Steve
Old 06-09-2010, 10:13 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Transmission shops would have the right boxes. Pressure plates and flywheels are about the same size, about the same weight. Get some converter boxes for the caliper!

Good luck and congrats on the buy!

Randy
Old 06-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Code Z
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STLBLUES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buying a used set of Z06 brakes and calipers. Anyone have the shipping boxes left over from thier purchase of new c6 z06 calipers, rotors? I have no idea how well the boxes are made, should I just create my own? I am the buyer so I will be unable to build the boxes but I can ship empty boxes to the seller. Just a thought.
Steve
Couple of questions...since your the consignee, why is this your problem? Does the shipper not know how to ship them?

It would not be cost effective for you to ship empty boxes to the party you are purchasing them from...empty boxes don't survive well in the small package environment.

Tell the shipper to take them to The UPS Store and they will take care of them. They will rake you over the coals for charges, but will be cheaper than shipping empty cartons to your selling party...the source your buying them from doesn't sound like they will know what to do with them anyway, if they are claiming to not know how to ship them.

Lastly, being from STL, I'm curious about a guy from OK having a Blues related ID...??

Let me know if you need further help...small package shipping is not complexed but you do need provide protection for the stuff. Ship the calipers and rotors in pairs...ie 2 calipers/box, 2 rotors/box...total of 4 boxes in shipment. each caliper and roter should be in their own box though, will the pairs overboxed.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:02 AM
STLBLUES
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Wife is from StLouis and I have a 15 year stint in a Tulsa ice hockey league. We are big hockey fans.

As for the shipper he knows what to do. Sometimes there is no better box than the one the item came in. So I figured I would try to get original boxes for that good fit. I have had shipments lost and damaged over the years. If you ship empty boxes in one big box they will survive. The cost is only 10-15 bucks for a big box of emptys. Thanks for the help.
Steve
Old 06-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Code Z
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STLBLUES
Wife is from StLouis and I have a 15 year stint in a Tulsa ice hockey league. We are big hockey fans.

As for the shipper he knows what to do. Sometimes there is no better box than the one the item came in. So I figured I would try to get original boxes for that good fit. I have had shipments lost and damaged over the years. If you ship empty boxes in one big box they will survive. The cost is only 10-15 bucks for a big box of emptys. Thanks for the help.
Steve

Yeah, I guess you would over box the boxes...and yes, your right shipping in the original boxes that were engineered for the product is best...they also will have a better fit in the carton and thus better integrety.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for c6 Z brake shipping boxes

Quick Reply: Looking for c6 Z brake shipping boxes