Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for track time in a fun relaxed setting? I'd recommend 10/10ths any day!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Looking for track time in a fun relaxed setting? I'd recommend 10/10ths any day!

I guess everyone is still unpacking or driving home so I thought I'd lead off and share some observations from the 10/10ths event this past weekend.

The event was held at Autobahn Country Club, a track I'm familiar with. North Course was run on Saturday, Saturday early evening the Full Circuit was run and on Sunday, South Course. A lot of variety and challenging for all levels.

Types of Cars:

Of course we're biased here with our Corvettes, but it was neat to see many other makes and models. Tubeframe, NSX, GT-R, Porsche, Viper and many more.

Attitude:

None! All participants were very laid back with nothing to prove, quite refreshing. Just a good bunch of people who liked anything that involved a spark plug.

Operations:

Bill Neal has a great supporting cast. The event ran smoothly and the schedule remained on time. Brian did a great job with classroom tips and Nick was available 24/7 in the paddock for support.

Weather:

The forecast called for possible showers both days. If I was a betting man I would have put on the rain tires. I also would have been dead wrong. The track remained dry for both days.

Instruction:

There was some guy named Popp there. Anyone heard of this guy?

Danny, like Old Faithful delivered each time as expected. He unselfishly made himself available for giving rides or coaching from shotgun. Definitely Kodak moments watching his passengers egress from the car with a grin from ear to ear after a 'champ ride.' All the instructors I witnessed were there because they wanted to teach and give back, not just drive.

Track Time:

Plenty of it and a very cool mock rolling race start (advanced level only) giving future racers a little taste of the fast pulsing heart rate seeking out the GREEN GREEN GREEN GO GO GO!

I was honored Bill allowed me to help instruct as I met some very nice people and made new friends! I will definitely attend more of these events!

Picture and Videos:

I never had a chance to pull my camera out so I'm hoping others will post them up. I do have some in car video that if I will try to get up shortly.

Mike
Old 06-21-2010, 07:58 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Mike,
I will let others talk about the event if they wish, but wanted to say Thank You for your hospitality and friendship.
You are a class act and it was a real pleasure to finally get to meet you and visit your Autobahn garage and facility.

You went above and beyond in every way to help me and 10/10ths. I am looking forward to many more and am also looking forward to seeing you again at VIR next week.

Thanks Again Mike
Bill
Old 06-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Webz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This event rocked and I finally got to thrash around on the pumpkin after it belched and burbed the air bubble in the radiator.

Mike your garage suite and hospitality were awesome!! Thanks a bunch! Autobahn is a first rate motorsports club..

I am looking for any video of Sundays Race start. I thought I had the camera ready but ............ nah baby nah.

Thanks again Bill, Nick and Mike..
Old 06-21-2010, 09:40 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same experience here when they were at VIR .... Was good to get on the track with a bit more freedom. Never have I got on the track 6 times in one day no problem with these guys smooth run event that stayed safe and fun...
Old 06-21-2010, 09:56 PM
fastrash
Instructor

Ditto from me Mike. Class, Class, Class!! Enjoyed your hospitality, but enjoyed making a new friend even more so. As far as the 10 / 10ths event, for those that haven't given Bill and company a look see, you owe it to yourself to get out to one of his events.

I was in my good friend Lurchberg's smoking gun....(THANKS JEREMY!!) and not in my own ride this weekend and had a blast trying to keep that thing screaming around the track.

Oh yah, I do remeber some guy named Popp there....
Old 06-22-2010, 12:06 AM
jawfixer
Instructor

Originally Posted by fastrash
Ditto from me Mike. Class, Class, Class!! Enjoyed your hospitality, but enjoyed making a new friend even more so. As far as the 10 / 10ths event, for those that haven't given Bill and company a look see, you owe it to yourself to get out to one of his events.

I was in my good friend Lurchberg's smoking gun....(THANKS JEREMY!!) and not in my own ride this weekend and had a blast trying to keep that thing screaming around the track.

Oh yah, I do remeber some guy named Popp there....
Bill
Sorry I missed Sunday but Saturday was as much as I could take--very eventful and an awesome facility--Thankyou Mike for the warm hospitality and great cars-Please join 10/10ths again--you blew my doors off! Danny- I tried to stay ahead of you but that was in a dream I had Saturday night-lol-you didnt get a chance to give me any s== as I kept away See you at Putnam
Old 06-22-2010, 12:32 AM
Armycop
Drifting

Default Watching from the back...

I was in for Saturday and man, I never had so much fun being passed before! Excellent event Bill! Having run exclusively with 3Balls, I must say it's good to know there's another quality event promoter on the scene with boggles of track time. I only wish I could have kept up with you fast guys to see what a good line looked like.
I've compiled some video of my day and will have it posted/linked up soon.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:32 AM
bb69
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

As an organizer, I really appreciate the amount of work that went into this great event. The 10/10ths group has their stuff together.

Thanks for having our 3 ***** Racing group out Bill. We had an awesome time and look forward to doing it again.

Mike, I can't thank you enough for hosting all of us Saturday night. We would have stayed later, but we were falling asleep in our chairs after stuffing our faces with food.

Here is the video I took of the rolling race start on Saturday. For some crazy reason I was asked to start on the outside poll. As you will see in the video, I was in a little over my head. This was my first race start and you will see I was struggling with the correct line. All I can say is that I will get better. I worked with Jim and Danny on Sunday to correct the basic issue I was having, and now I am looking forward to the next race start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc8-DpnzK-g

Thanks again to everyone.

Ken
Old 06-22-2010, 09:15 AM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran

I too had a great time, and am still shocked and amazed my car can make it around a track especially with Todd and I tag teaming it. Lots and lots of oil and PS Fluid used but she came home running.

Great job Bill and thank you as well Mike for your gracious hospitality.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Full-Track Video

http://vimeo.com/12811967

Hope to see all you guys soon!

Mike
Old 06-24-2010, 02:29 AM
NVR2L8
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Bill + 10/10ths + Mike + Autobahn = Top Shelf, Class Acts !!

'Nuf Said.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:03 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,101 Likes on 715 Posts

I like the way Bill keeps adding new tracks. The 'regulars' just keeps growing and growing. Everytime he brings 10/10ths to a new track, he leaves with a list of new friends.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:20 PM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Thank you mike and the crew of 1010th, it was a fun filled event. My first with you guys and it was great. Loved the amount of track time and the freedom to run the lower group if we wanted.

As always mike, because of your guidance, I saw a considerable improvement in my line and ability. I couldnt show it to you, but I know you would have seen a difference.

Also wanted to thank Danny for showing me what my car can do, gr8 event, hope I can join in for the next one at putnam park if I have not already signed up for another one.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by KILR-RYD
Thank you mike and the crew of 1010th, it was a fun filled event. My first with you guys and it was great. Loved the amount of track time and the freedom to run the lower group if we wanted.

As always mike, because of your guidance, I saw a considerable improvement in my line and ability. I couldnt show it to you, but I know you would have seen a difference.

Also wanted to thank Danny for showing me what my car can do, gr8 event, hope I can join in for the next one at putnam park if I have not already signed up for another one.
KILR,

I'm glad the ride along helped you with the lines. I'm sure we'll find an event where you can demonstrate such. I told you Danny would give you a taste of the GT-R when set free.

Mike
Old 07-02-2010, 07:29 AM
floor it
Racer

heading for Putnam today... see some of you there

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for track time in a fun relaxed setting? I'd recommend 10/10ths any day!

Quick Reply: Looking for track time in a fun relaxed setting? I'd recommend 10/10ths any day!