Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MotorSport Ranch (Cresson, TX) The Driver's Edge 1.7CW

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 05:04 PM
LeMans05C6
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MotorSport Ranch (Cresson, TX) The Driver's Edge 1.7CW

Well its coming up on that time again to head back to the track. I am officially in this HPDE event out at MSR. They will be running the 1.7CW track this time.

I have run the 3.1 and the 1.7CCW so far and have made good progress so far each day out there.

This will be my 3rd event. I just got new tires but will have a good 1k miles on them before the event so they should be past thier "new" phase. Really curious how they will run. Since it is my daily driver and they had such a great price on them, i tried the new FireStone Firehawk Wide Oval Indy 500 (non-RFT). With all the tread it wouldn't both me if it rains, first off so its cooler and secondly so less tread wear.

I eventually want to put Toyo R888s on my old rims so i have dedicated track tires and normal street tires that i can swap but one purchase at a time.

I will be bleeding my brake fluid pretty soon and going to install a 160* thermostat. I need to see if someone can change the fan settings even lower. I know with the my tune i watch them get changed somewhat but they would need even lower to use the 160*.

The Driver's Edge runs a good event. At some point ill have to check out Apex as well. Looking forward to seeing anyone who will be out there sweating thier rear ends off with me.

Always enjoy driving my car like it was built to be driven.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:37 PM
rag1998
Racer

I will be there.. also will there at the H2R event this weekend
Old 06-22-2010, 09:19 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by LeMans05C6
Well its coming up on that time again to head back to the track. I am officially in this HPDE event out at MSR. They will be running the 1.7CW track this time.

I have run the 3.1 and the 1.7CCW so far and have made good progress so far each day out there.

This will be my 3rd event. I just got new tires but will have a good 1k miles on them before the event so they should be past thier "new" phase. Really curious how they will run. Since it is my daily driver and they had such a great price on them, i tried the new FireStone Firehawk Wide Oval Indy 500 (non-RFT). With all the tread it wouldn't both me if it rains, first off so its cooler and secondly so less tread wear.

I eventually want to put Toyo R888s on my old rims so i have dedicated track tires and normal street tires that i can swap but one purchase at a time.

I will be bleeding my brake fluid pretty soon and going to install a 160* thermostat. I need to see if someone can change the fan settings even lower. I know with the my tune i watch them get changed somewhat but they would need even lower to use the 160*.

The Driver's Edge runs a good event. At some point ill have to check out Apex as well. Looking forward to seeing anyone who will be out there sweating thier rear ends off with me.

Always enjoy driving my car like it was built to be driven.
I'm interested, so what is the contact info for this event?
Old 06-22-2010, 09:24 PM
rag1998
Racer

Originally Posted by 63Corvette
I'm interested, so what is the contact info for this event?
http://www.thedriversedge.net/
Old 06-23-2010, 02:41 PM
LeMans05C6
Pro

Wish i could make it down to H2R, or TWS, but those will come in time. More $$ to spend on the farther events and more seat time would make those more worth while.

MVPtracktime is going to have an event in Sept at Eagles Canyon the weekend after the MSR one it Ft Worth. If i can hit both of those and one more this fall/winter it will be a great year for me. 5-6 events this year would be sweet.

Get notified of new replies

To MotorSport Ranch (Cresson, TX) The Driver's Edge 1.7CW

Quick Reply: MotorSport Ranch (Cresson, TX) The Driver's Edge 1.7CW