Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB CCW Race Classics for Mini-Tub C5

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 06:39 AM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default WTB CCW Race Classics for Mini-Tub C5

See post here: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-p...ni-tub-c5.html

Short-version: I'm looking for 18x10-11" Front and 18x12-13" Rear CCW "Race" Classics for my C5 (which is getting mini-tubbed).

-TJ
Old 06-29-2010, 12:55 AM
thehammer69
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tjZ06
See post here: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-p...ni-tub-c5.html

Short-version: I'm looking for 18x10-11" Front and 18x12-13" Rear CCW "Race" Classics for my C5 (which is getting mini-tubbed).

-TJ
Well, I'm not selling my new wheels, but I will tell you that an 18x11 up front will require 8.25" of backspacing to fit the front without spacers. And they WILL stick out. You will have to run no larger than a 10" wide wheel to have a chance at at flush mount up front. A 10.5 still will protrude a little.

As far as the back, I can't help you as I'm not allowed to tub in ASP so I'm stuck with an 18x12 with 8.75" of backspacing without spacers. Obviously, these also stick out.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:13 AM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thehammer69
Well, I'm not selling my new wheels, but I will tell you that an 18x11 up front will require 8.25" of backspacing to fit the front without spacers. And they WILL stick out. You will have to run no larger than a 10" wide wheel to have a chance at at flush mount up front. A 10.5 still will protrude a little.

As far as the back, I can't help you as I'm not allowed to tub in ASP so I'm stuck with an 18x12 with 8.75" of backspacing without spacers. Obviously, these also stick out.
Thanks for the info! It sounds like you had nearly the same setup I previously had on my car for AutoX:

They worked very well for AutoX, but I'm not comfortable with tires that will hit the body under heavy compression for Road Course (particularly Laguna Seca with the cork-screw that will put my car into full compression).

I also emailed John at CCW and it seems he agrees as well. A 10" width front w/ a 295 tire and a 12" rear w/ the mini-tub and a 335 is about maxed on a C5. With a 19" I could go wider in the back (since the control arm to rim-barrel clearance actually becomes the issue once you mini-tub, not the fender liner) but I don't want 19"s since the whole point is to try to take advantage of the plethora of used 18" race slicks that are available.

-TJ

Get notified of new replies

To WTB CCW Race Classics for Mini-Tub C5

Quick Reply: WTB CCW Race Classics for Mini-Tub C5