Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well i want to show video from RA

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 01:40 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Default well i want to show video from RA (NOW WITH VIDEO)

Here is the video

http://vimeo.com/13115308

Last edited by dvandentop; 07-06-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:45 AM
flink
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

exposureroom.com has no size or duration limits at all.

It's pretty nichey though. Split it up
Old 07-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 371 Likes on 307 Posts

Lots of people use Vimeo, like the videos I posted in your advice thread.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:59 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

yeah i will have to downsize the video then since mine is a litle over their size limit
Old 07-02-2010, 11:45 AM
jmorgan07z06
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Post us a link when you get it done!
Old 07-02-2010, 11:49 AM
SLandstra_Z06
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How were the track notes I sent you Derek? Did you read them before you ran?
Old 07-02-2010, 12:00 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

yeah read em they helped out. also good notes about not lifting in the kink i thought about that each time i came into that area
Old 07-02-2010, 12:00 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

will mess with it this weekend and finding a decent program
Old 07-02-2010, 12:26 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I generally don't have the attention span to watch 25 minutes of HPDE video in a single viewing, anyway. Split it up! :-)
Old 07-02-2010, 01:55 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by dvandentop
yeah read em they helped out. also good notes about not lifting in the kink i thought about that each time i came into that area
So..........I take it that you can take the kink flat in a C6 Z06...is that right?
Old 07-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Todd Z
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 63Corvette
So..........I take it that you can take the kink flat in a C6 Z06...is that right?
Are you saying flat from the apex of the carousel to canada corner (12)? TRY IT ONCE AND YOU WILL NEED A NEW CAR!
Old 07-04-2010, 12:58 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

here is the notes that i got said

The Kink, Turn 11, is a very fast and dangerous right-hand sweeper, and is often intimidating to first- timers. Beginners should brake moderately at the #4 marker, be off the brakes by the #2 marker, get gently on the throttle, and turn in at the #1 marker. Experts can tap the brakes at the #2 marker to set the car, get back on the throttle, and turn in at the #1 marker. Work up to this in small increments! Either way, be absolutely sure to have the car go over the edge of the last half of the apex curb on the right, tracking out at the end of the curbing on the left. Let the car run all the way to the left at the exit - harder than it sounds because of the high speeds here. DO NOT BACK OFF THE GAS IN TURN 11; IF YOU DO, YOU WILL EXPERIENCE SEVERE CLOCKWISE OVERSTEER AND YOU COULD HIT THE WALL ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE TRACK

If you get into the kink too hot and/or miss the apex curb, there is room on the left to put two, or even four, wheels off onto the grass, without hitting the wall on the left side. If you need to bail out, go into the grass parallel to the track, get off the gas, slow down, and get the wheel straight. The track will come back to you, as it bends a bit left farther down, you can get back on there. Look for signals from the corner worker just beyond Turn 11A.

From the Kink, the track down to Turn 12 has gentle bends right, left and left. This is the fastest part of this area of the track, and you want to make it as straight as possible. Exiting the Kink, aim at the flag station down the track on the right. This will take you almost straight through the first bend. (Shift to fifth gear here if the car needs it.) Where the track bends to the left the first time, be close to the grass on the left side; then create an arc to the left that will take you to the edge of the grass on the right and back to the left edge of the braking zone for Turn 12. If you do this properly, one small set of the wheel will take you through this part of the track and end up at the start of the Turn 12 braking zone. Your path should let you approach this with the car lined up on left edge of the track
Old 07-04-2010, 01:00 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Originally Posted by 63Corvette
sorry i might have mis worded that, brake and then stay on the gas once you get the front of the car settled.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:02 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

here is some cars flying by around 160 down the front straight into turn 1
Old 07-04-2010, 02:02 PM
AtomicZ
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

here is the notes that i got said

Quote:
The Kink, Turn 11, is a very fast and dangerous right-hand sweeper, and is often intimidating to first- timers. Beginners should brake moderately at the #4 marker, be off the brakes by the #2 marker, get gently on the throttle, and turn in at the #1 marker. Experts can tap the brakes at the #2 marker to set the car, get back on the throttle, and turn in at the #1 marker. Work up to this in small increments! Either way, be absolutely sure to have the car go over the edge of the last half of the apex curb on the right, tracking out at the end of the curbing on the left. Let the car run all the way to the left at the exit - harder than it sounds because of the high speeds here. DO NOT BACK OFF THE GAS IN TURN 11; IF YOU DO, YOU WILL EXPERIENCE SEVERE CLOCKWISE OVERSTEER AND YOU COULD HIT THE WALL ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE TRACK

If you get into the kink too hot and/or miss the apex curb, there is room on the left to put two, or even four, wheels off onto the grass, without hitting the wall on the left side. If you need to bail out, go into the grass parallel to the track, get off the gas, slow down, and get the wheel straight. The track will come back to you, as it bends a bit left farther down, you can get back on there. Look for signals from the corner worker just beyond Turn 11A.

From the Kink, the track down to Turn 12 has gentle bends right, left and left. This is the fastest part of this area of the track, and you want to make it as straight as possible. Exiting the Kink, aim at the flag station down the track on the right. This will take you almost straight through the first bend. (Shift to fifth gear here if the car needs it.) Where the track bends to the left the first time, be close to the grass on the left side; then create an arc to the left that will take you to the edge of the grass on the right and back to the left edge of the braking zone for Turn 12. If you do this properly, one small set of the wheel will take you through this part of the track and end up at the start of the Turn 12 braking zone. Your path should let you approach this with the car lined up on left edge of the track
Great notes. In a Z06 you have to tap the brakes to set the car to turn in at the kink. With a slower car you could probably just let off the gas a little to let the car breath and turn it in. If you try the kink flat out in a fast car it will be the last time you do it. You do have to be on the gas going through turn 11 - if you miss your mark and decide to let of the gas or worse yet tap the brakes you are big trouble. Once through you are able to set the wheel on the car and carry the arc all the way to canada corner.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 371 Likes on 307 Posts

Any more vids?
Old 07-05-2010, 01:45 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

yep got some more just been busy with damn taurus rad/waterpump swap this weekend (hell project) and working on my overheating z06 also so havent had much computer time. back to teh garage

Get notified of new replies

To well i want to show video from RA

Old 07-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

What video editor are you using now?

If you use Windows Movie Maker, when it asks for the output format, use the last format available, I think it's VHS or something like that. That gives very good resolution and will get that 550 down to a manageable size.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:54 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

thanks falcon dont really have any software right now
Old 07-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

thanks falcon dont really have any software right now
If you're running Microsoft Windows XP/Vista or the like, it comes with Movie Maker as part of the Windows package.

Quick Reply: well i want to show video from RA