Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

North America NEEDS a racing TV channel

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 02:48 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Default North America NEEDS a racing TV channel

Well if Facebook can get an 80yr actress to host SNL maybe it can get us a racing channel back

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=68450527566

North America NEEDS a racing TV channel
Category:
Sports & Recreation - Automotive & Racing

Description:
SPEED has gone mostly downhill over the last several years, focusing on shows that vaguely resemble automobiles and motorcycles. Online videos are nice, but it isn't comfortable to have 15 people stand around a computer. VERSUS and ESPN need variety!

We want to see REAL RACING again: ALMS, LMS, FIA GT1, Continental Sports Car, classic drag racing, AMA Superbike, MotoGP, SCCA Trans-Am, SCCA Pro Racing World Challenge, etc.!

TV times

http://www.tvracer.com/

http://www.racefantv.com/CDNTV.htm

Privacy Type:
Open: All content is public.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:22 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I agree, but it probably won't happen. Speed TV is locked in to the NASCAR group, as that is where the market is. As much as I would love to see more road racing I just don't see it happening, because the fan base is not there or should I say the marketing for the fan base is not there.

There are a lot of fans out there that love ALMS, FIA GT, V* Supercars, F1 and so on, but they just fail to market the races to the general population. Also their scheduling is not gear to the general public. Look at ALMS. Races are held almost a month apart. Sebring March 20th, Long Beach April 17th, Laguna Seca May 22nd the off to LeMans and then a full month after LeMans until the next race. Let’s face it NASCAR runs almost every week. The fans stay interested. It is hard to schedule 24 hours of racing on a TV station when the races are not held but once a month. FIA GT is a little better on scheduling races closer, but not much. Indy Car Racing at least has about 2 races a month which is a little better, but you have to take the oval tracks with the road courses.

It would be nice to see if we could get Speed to cover a little more of the different race programs and maybe stop with all the NASCAR stuff like NASCAR Smarts, The Racing Chef, and so on.

Sorry for the rant.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Rob31
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Speed sucks ,
Im all pinked, Barret$$Jackson, Dangerous Drives ....there kiddin right ?There are worse shows but I already forgot there names .
They just had a comercial for more Squid shows .
Somebody please kick the programming director in the nuts (if they have any )
Old 07-03-2010, 03:38 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

I was trying to watch the Daytona prototype race from Daytona today, the picture was so horrible I had to turn it off...Speed channel SUX...
Old 07-03-2010, 03:56 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

I want a racing channel period. If it has wheels and they race it, I want to watch it. Drag racing, sprint cars, nascar, sports cars, hell, I'll watch semi truck races and tractor pulls.
I'll even PAY for it.

The trouble is, that I'm not willing to pay for all the other crap that I have to get to get even a crappy supposed racing channel. I don't want HBO, I don't want the Lifetime channel, I just want that one racing network.

Surely, in this day and age where we all have fast internet (I live in the freaking country on 20 acres and have 5mbps fiber to my house), we can get a racing network that broadcasts via the internet? I've got a computer jacked into my TV, so I can watch movies without swapping DVDs. I watched a live Le Mans feed even though it was a ****ty picture. Sure beats not seeing anything.

But no one is packaging it all up so its easy. Someone needs to get their *** in gear.

Get notified of new replies

To North America NEEDS a racing TV channel

Quick Reply: North America NEEDS a racing TV channel