Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grand-Am Corrals

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Cyclonite
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Grand-Am Corrals

Might be heading to NJMP for the Grand-Am race this coming Sunday. Corral tix are an extra $30... what are the corrals? Is this just access to the cars in the paddock, or what?

TIA

Old 07-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Duke/Earl
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cyclonite
Might be heading to NJMP for the Grand-Am race this coming Sunday. Corral tix are an extra $30... what are the corrals? Is this just access to the cars in the paddock, or what?

TIA

At ALMS races they have a Corvette Corrall, for Corvettes only. They will have the factory team drivers in the Corrall for autographs. They will have some other presentations and maybe a parade lap.

The GrandAm race that I went to ('09 Laguna Seca) had no Corralls. The Corvette factory team does not race in GrandAm; ergo, no Corvette Corrall. For your $30.00 you probably are getting parking and that is all. Everyone gets in the paddock area at both ALMS and GrandAm, at least at Laguna Seca. The ALMS at Long Beach you pay extra to get in the paddock, but it has nothing to do with the Corvette Corral.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Cyclonite
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Duke/Earl
At ALMS races they have a Corvette Corrall, for Corvettes only. They will have the factory team drivers in the Corrall for autographs. They will have some other presentations and maybe a parade lap.

The GrandAm race that I went to ('09 Laguna Seca) had no Corralls. The Corvette factory team does not race in GrandAm; ergo, no Corvette Corrall. For your $30.00 you probably are getting parking and that is all. Everyone gets in the paddock area at both ALMS and GrandAm, at least at Laguna Seca. The ALMS at Long Beach you pay extra to get in the paddock, but it has nothing to do with the Corvette Corral.
According to the Grand-Am website, they do have a Corvette Corral, so I wonder what it's about if there's no factory team? Is this something a spectator would bring his/her Corvette into to have it by the racers (i.e. Parade lap kinda stuff)? Or just for the spectators themselves to get in close. I've never been to either an ALMS nor Grand-Am race before and just don't know the protocols.

Thanks
Old 07-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Duke/Earl
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

According to the Grand-Am website, they do have a Corvette Corral, so I wonder what it's about if there's no factory team? Is this something a spectator would bring his/her Corvette into to have it by the racers (i.e. Parade lap kinda stuff)? Or just for the spectators themselves to get in close. I've never been to either an ALMS nor Grand-Am race before and just don't know the protocols.

Thanks
When there is an offical Corvette Corrall, as at the ALMS, other spectators can come in to look at the cars. The official ALMS ones cost about $80 but do include a general admission ticket. For $30, it is probably parking only, no parade lap, no presentations, no drivers, etc.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:27 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,022 Likes on 1,312 Posts

I assume your talking about the Grand Am at NJ Motorsports Park this weekend. There will be a Corvette Corral (along with Audi, Porsche, BMW, GTO, etc.) there this weekend. LG Motorsports (a Forum Supporting Vendor and a team that will be racing a Vette at NJMP this weekend) is sponsoring it I believe. From my understanding, the corral includes a special infield parking area, parade laps, a goody bag, driver visits, etc. You can find out more at www.NJMP.com or search the Forum as LG Motorsports had a post about the corral on here a week or 2 back.

You don't need to be in a car corral to do parade laps at Thunderbolt or park on the infield. Parade laps are usually available at NJMP on Saturday and Sunday during the lunch break for $20 a car. Parking will be available on the infield for $5 or $8 dollars a day.

The main advantage to parking in the Corral would be the opportunity to park with other Corvette owners and party together. I've been to the Grand Am the last 2 years and will be there all 3 days this year. Unfortunetly, neither of my Corvettes are currently on the road, so unless I can sneak my Silverado into the Corral, I'll probably have my easy-up, grill, beer cooler and Corvette Racing flag along the fence in the turn 2 or chicane area.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Cyclonite
Melting Slicks

Yes, the race this Sunday the 18th at NJMP Thunderbolt track.

Great, thanks all. So it looks like it's $30 for the car, not each person then, right? I may or may not be doing that then, as I'm heading over with a friend and I don't know if his wife is coming or not. If she doesn't we'll probably drive my Vette. If she does well probably drive their Speck Deathtrap...or maybe my truck
Old 07-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Duke/Earl
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Yes, the race this Sunday the 18th at NJMP Thunderbolt track.

Great, thanks all. So it looks like it's $30 for the car, not each person then, right? I may or may not be doing that then, as I'm heading over with a friend and I don't know if his wife is coming or not. If she doesn't we'll probably drive my Vette. If she does well probably drive their Speck Deathtrap...or maybe my truck
At the official GM Corvette Corrall, the $80 is for the car and driver. Since it includes a general admission ticket, you pay extra for the passenger, about $30.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:19 PM
clubracer6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

While I won't be piloting the Matt Connelly Rolex GT Corvette, I will be running his Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge ST MX5 again this weekend. Feel free to stop by and say hi!

CTSCC will be one of the best shows of the weekend with around 50 cars taking the green flag on Saturday afternoon!
Old 07-13-2010, 01:13 PM
F4Gary
Le Mans Master

Received 774 Likes on 468 Posts
2018 C3 of Year Finalist
2016 C3 of the Year Finalist

You will probably get to meet the World Famous race car driver Lou Gigliotti.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:20 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

We sure are having one there.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:34 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A BUNCH of us Corvette Forum memebers will be there on Friday running on Lightning. Maybe I will bring the truck with the Z on the trailer to the corral...makes me wish I had a street vette as well.

I know I will be stopping by to say hi before I leave, but maybe Lou can take a few minutes to stop over the Lightning circuit and say hi to all the Corvette folks!
Old 07-13-2010, 06:18 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

We will see you all there!

Looking forward to putting a face with the forum names.

Glad you can make it

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"
Old 07-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Duke/Earl
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
We will see you all there!

Looking forward to putting a face with the forum names.

Glad you can make it

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti
Lou chatting with San Diego Forum members (Chadd, Jim & Benny), on the starting grid, prior to the start of the '09 ALMS in Laguna Seca.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Finger
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you purchase a ticket in the Corral does it mean you park your car in the corrall if you have a Vette?
Old 07-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Cyclonite
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Finger
If you purchase a ticket in the Corral does it mean you park your car in the corrall if you have a Vette?
I see from your avatar someone's been on I-75 by Detroit

Yes, if purchasing a corral tix we're supposed to be able to park our Corvettes there. However, if you were there you know the park "took" us for our Corvette Corral. There was none, with the exception of having a designated parking spot.

There was no tent (except the cover someone brought with them), no goodie bag, no track laps (for any marques), no meeting with drivers/crews etc (on Sunday at least, I wasn't there Fri or Sat). I'm going to contact the park and request a refund of the corral fee.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:17 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

I see from your avatar someone's been on I-75 by Detroit

Yes, if purchasing a corral tix we're supposed to be able to park our Corvettes there. However, if you were there you know the park "took" us for our Corvette Corral. There was none, with the exception of having a designated parking spot.

There was no tent (except the cover someone brought with them), no goodie bag, no track laps (for any marques), no meeting with drivers/crews etc (on Sunday at least, I wasn't there Fri or Sat). I'm going to contact the park and request a refund of the corral fee.

Hi Guys,

We are forwarding this info to the Grand Am person who was in charge. We would never have posted any ad if we knew that they would drop the ball.

ANyone who went to the NJ Corral, give us an address and we will send a signed poster and what ever else you did not receive at the corral (non existent corral)

We will not promote any more Corvette Corrals for them if they are not going to follow through.

My apologies.

Lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports

PS< It was good to meet the guys that did show up in spite of the lack of follow through.

LG
Old 07-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Cyclonite
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Hi Guys,

We are forwarding this info to the Grand Am person who was in charge. We would never have posted any ad if we knew that they would drop the ball.

ANyone who went to the NJ Corral, give us an address and we will send a signed poster and what ever else you did not receive at the corral (non existent corral)

We will not promote any more Corvette Corrals for them if they are not going to follow through.

My apologies.

Lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports

PS< It was good to meet the guys that did show up in spite of the lack of follow through.

LG
Lou, thanks. I know you are a stand-up guy and it wasn't your fault about the way things turned out. I'm sorry you didn't get to finish the race too. I got a couple good pics of your car up near t3, and unfortunatley I also have a few good one's of your guys rolling it in by pit-out.

I'll PM you with my home addy, I appreciate what you're doing for us to help make up for the track (or Grand-Am's) dropping of the ball on this one.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:45 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,022 Likes on 1,312 Posts

Here's a picture of Sundays "Corvette Corral". 12 or 13 Corvettes and somebody's personal easy-up. Admittedly, the VW/Audi, Subaru and BMW corrals looked about the same (without the easy-up). The only real "corral" was the Porsche one, which had about 50 cars. They had a large party tent, tables, chairs and a big screen TV, but these may have been provided by the PCA, as one of the support races was a PCA club event.

On Saturday, the BMWs and Subarus got to do a couple parade laps, but I didn't notice any other brands out there.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:02 AM
FOXMO
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
St. Jude Donor '09

I was VERY surprised about the "Corral." I was at the race with other members of DSCC in a motor coach at the Start/Finish line, but the several times we were in the in-field, we went to the "Corral" and were disappointed. There was this little sign with only the word "Corvette" written on it and at most we saw half a dozen Vettes. No tent, no table, no banners, no people, no nothing!! But the racing was good!!

Get notified of new replies

To Grand-Am Corrals

Quick Reply: Grand-Am Corrals