Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys with Pfadt setup - what stiffness on the shocks and sways?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 12:57 AM
KBoltz
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Guys with Pfadt setup - what stiffness on the shocks and sways?

My Pfadt Threat Level I (Z06) setup is supposed to ship on Thursday, and arrive the following week (July 22nd or 23rd).

I am going to install the following week (when I am on vacation!!!) for a two day autocross event.

I plan on setting the front bar one level stiffer than the current Z06/Z51 bar on the car and the rear at one setting stiffer than the Z06 bar I already have on the car.

What setting on the front and rear shocks? I race on Hoosier A6's - so any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks,
Ken
Old 07-14-2010, 08:16 AM
JiminVirginia
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be interested in others' opinions, but I would start on full stiff on the front bar and slightly SOFTER than stock Z06 on the rear, and see what happens. My experience is C5, but I know guys with C6s, and this is what some of them would do. Stiffen the front, soften the back.

Then I'd try the dampers on somewhat soft settings, like 6 clicks.

????

Jim

Last edited by JiminVirginia; 07-16-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:44 AM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I've been plagued with heating issues so I cant comment on the track experience but I'm running my inverted shocks at:

12, front
10, rear

I set them to 10(f) and 8(r) during the install but found them too soft for aggressive street driving. Adjusted them as I noted above and felt an immediate difference.

I did just the front pfadt sway and left the rear Z sway in. Front sway is set 1 stiffer than stock Z sway (middle mounting hole).
Old 07-14-2010, 06:35 PM
CorvetteZ51Racer
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ouch Kenny! j/k

I'd be interested to hear what people have found to be solid on a Z51, because on my Z I have the front bar at full stiff, and I Auto-x the car with the shocks at 14F and 6R (helps keep the rear end planted existing the corners). BUT, Z06 and Z51 will be different.

BTW, MRI is tomorrow. I should know shortly if I can do your install and drive, or just manage the install and coach
Old 07-14-2010, 09:04 PM
KBoltz
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CorvetteZ51Racer
Ouch Kenny! j/k

I'd be interested to hear what people have found to be solid on a Z51, because on my Z I have the front bar at full stiff, and I Auto-x the car with the shocks at 14F and 6R (helps keep the rear end planted existing the corners). BUT, Z06 and Z51 will be different.

BTW, MRI is tomorrow. I should know shortly if I can do your install and drive, or just manage the install and coach
No onus on you - just wanted to get some other ideas - never hurts to keep an open mind about what works.

Either way, Little Brother - you'll be here and we can still bench race, drink beer (after the install) and have a good time.

Good luck on the MRI tomorrow - hope everything turns out alright.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:43 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

I run the middle position on the front and rear sways and 12 front and 14 rear on the Coil overs. But I'm also running quite a bit of aero and I run HPDEs. The setup for autocross will probably be different. Since handling is a very objective thing, I suggest you start with the sways in the middle position and the shocks at about 8 front and 10 rear and see how the car feels. Just my .02 JD
Old 07-15-2010, 04:41 PM
FKING1
Safety Car

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Leave mine at 8 frt & 10 rr all the time , even for autoX.
Don't want to change the settings for races and back for a decent ride.

Get notified of new replies

To Guys with Pfadt setup - what stiffness on the shocks and sways?

Quick Reply: Guys with Pfadt setup - what stiffness on the shocks and sways?