Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Open Track Weekend at Calabogie, Aug 28-29

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 10:04 PM
bb69
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Open Track Weekend at Calabogie, Aug 28-29

All,
3 ***** Racing is hosting a true open track weekend at Calabogie Motorsports on Saturday and Sunday, August 28-29. Calabogie is located about 45 minutes from Ottawa, Canada. The track is only a couple of years old, and the facility is spectacular. It's hard to put it into words how nice this track is. What I can say, is that everyone who has made the drive from the States has returned. It's worth the 10 hour drive we make from Michigan. In fact, we have a group of 25+ coming from the Boston area for this event.

Last year we ran Sunday as a true open track day and it worked so well, we are expanding the format to both days. This means there will be up to 14 hours of track time available over both days. Most people won't use it all, but it sure is nice to not be rushed.

We will have some instructors on hand as well to help people out with the track.

Lunch is provided both days.

Cost for the event is $465USD for both days or $275USD for a single day.

For all the details, and to sign up, please visit 3ballsracing.com. If you have any questions, please let me know. This is truly an amazing track, and if you are anywhere in the area, it's worth driving.

Thanks
Ken
Old 08-16-2010, 10:55 AM
bb69
Drifting

There are still spots open for this event if you are interested. It will offer a ton of track time at a truly fantastic track.

Ken
Old 08-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Superbee
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what types of cars are expected and how many.
This is in my backyard and may consider it.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:03 PM
bb69
Drifting

Originally Posted by Superbee
what types of cars are expected and how many.
This is in my backyard and may consider it.
There will be a large group of SVT people coming in from the Boston area, so I am assuming some SVT products including Mustangs, Contours, and a Lightning or two. Other than that, there will be everything from my tube frame homebuilt car, to an ex ASA road race race car, to Miata's and Subaru's. The limit is set at 60 cars. We are going to split people into two groups and let them go out 20-30 minutes apart in the morning. After that, it will be open track. We did it last year and people end up seperating themselves immediately.

I took some video from last year, and I came across only a few cars in a full run session with about 40 cars in attendance.

Thanks
Ken
Old 08-16-2010, 03:47 PM
naschmitz
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

From the Boston SVT group there will be at least seven of us with C5Z06s, C6s, or C6Z06s. A couple Mustang Cobras, Miatas, Porsches, and a 370Z. Looking forward to it!

Get notified of new replies

To Open Track Weekend at Calabogie, Aug 28-29

Quick Reply: Open Track Weekend at Calabogie, Aug 28-29