Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Pass Through part number?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Castrellon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Pass Through part number?

I read here some where that FoMoCo had a plastic grommet that snaped into place and all you had to do was cut a small amount of the seat to make a pass through on your stock seats for a shoulder harness.

I went to Ford parts counter and they were useless. Does any one know the part number or what year make and model it came off of? That would be the only way those guys could find it.

Asked to look for it on a '66 Shelby and they said they don't go back that far.

Any one help please?
Old 07-28-2010, 04:28 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

You owe me one. I got a headache searching for this....

I used them in the past on a Mustang Cobra a couple of years ago with success. A buddy also uses these on his C5Z06.

You'll need to order one per hole. So, depending on your belt setup, you will need to order 3 per seat: two for the shoulder belts and one for the sub belt.

http://www.hmsmotorsport.com/store/s...-belt-grommets

Old 07-28-2010, 04:32 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

On the Cobra, I didn't need them on the seat back since it does not have an integrated headrest. But I did use them on the seat bottom for the subs. My buddy as them in all three positions.

When you cut the holes in the stock seat bottom, make sure to use something to prevent any metal-on-belt contact or chaffing. I used some rubber heater hose. Not the prettiest, but it did the job.

Last edited by brkntrxn; 07-28-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:19 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by brkntrxn

I used them in the past on a Mustang Cobra a couple of years ago with success. A buddy also uses these on his C5Z06.

You'll need to order one per hole. So, depending on your belt setup, you will need to order 3 per seat: two for the shoulder belts and one for the sub belt.

Sweet!
Old 07-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Castrellon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are very tall and broad shouldered, these seats may not give you any issues.
What is "very tall"? I'm 6'2 5/8" too short to shop @ Big&Tall Mens Fashion, 6'5" and up. I talked to my roll bar fabricator and he said he could just make some tubing to hold the belt in a place where it wouldn't slide down the middle bar of the main hoop.
Originally Posted by brkntrxn

Thanks any way though.

Get notified of new replies

To Ford Pass Through part number?

Quick Reply: Ford Pass Through part number?