Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What seat rails for Corbeau A4 in C6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 04:04 PM
NOSLO6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What seat rails for Corbeau A4 in C6?

Hi folks,

I use Corbeau A4's in my Grand National and just had the idea of swapping the drivers seat into the C6 for auto-x and track-day events.

What rails are folks using for these seats in C6s (or even C5s)? I use the Corbeau rails in the GN, but as some folks have posted here they're quite high and I suspect at 6'2" my helmeted head would be through the roof in with them in the C6.

Other good rail options for the A4? I'd like to keep the swap fairly simple.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 07-31-2010, 10:52 PM
thehammer69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NOSLO6
Hi folks,

I use Corbeau A4's in my Grand National and just had the idea of swapping the drivers seat into the C6 for auto-x and track-day events.

What rails are folks using for these seats in C6s (or even C5s)? I use the Corbeau rails in the GN, but as some folks have posted here they're quite high and I suspect at 6'2" my helmeted head would be through the roof in with them in the C6.

Other good rail options for the A4? I'd like to keep the swap fairly simple.

Thanks,
Scott
I think the Corbeau rails would work for you. I'm about 6' but I have a rather larger butt that jacks me up in the seat and I just fit. I'm willing to bet I actually sit higher than you, unless you have a rotund backside like myself.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:09 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I have a set of these I bought for my FX1s but never used. Still in box, You can have them for $85 shipped. Saves you about $20. LMK if interested.

http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/corsidemount.html
Old 08-01-2010, 02:40 PM
NOSLO6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the real world feedback hammer. I lost about an inch of headroom when going to the C6 from my C5Z06 and am still a little concerned about the headroom, but good to know it's at least a possibility. Wad-- good luck with the bracket sale, but unfortunately the A4's can't be side-mounted.

Any other non-corbeau ideas for A4 brackets for the C6?
Old 08-01-2010, 09:27 PM
drivinfast
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im 5-11 and for my C6 I bought my FXPro corbeau seat from APEX. on their site there is an option for bottom mount sliding locking rails for C5. I took a chance and they work fine here is a pic.

you could bend the front angles to get more headroom.

Get notified of new replies

To What seat rails for Corbeau A4 in C6?