Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carboteck XP12/XP10's

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 11:31 AM
TGiuliante
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carboteck XP12/XP10's

Trying out thier brake shoes in replace of the padlets. Any experience with brakes shoes on a C6Z - Pros/cons other than taper issues?
Old 08-12-2010, 03:52 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TGiuliante
Trying out thier brake shoes in replace of the padlets. Any experience with brakes shoes on a C6Z - Pros/cons other than taper issues?
If your going to stay with the OEM Z caliper, it is the ONLY way to go. A tad bit more expensive, but they do last just a tad bit longer. I have had minimal pad tapper issues. Matter of fact, I was getting more uneven wear with the paddlets. I did not see any difference in performance.

The pad changes actually go from being tortured in hell, to just being flogged in purgatory.

I couldn't take it any longer and got the Wilwood W6A's, now just 2 pins and I can replace pads without ever removing the caliper, but I still use the single piece pads on the rear (but at least they last long enough that I don't have to constantly change them).

Quick Reply: Carboteck XP12/XP10's