Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would the Pfadt camber kit work on a ZR1?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 08:34 PM
vette ruminator
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Would the Pfadt camber kit work on a ZR1?

In order to maximize track tire grip and tire wear, changing to a much more negative camber than the stock settings should help at the track. Changing back to stock (or even less aggressive than stock) camber for street should help improve tire wear on those expensive PS2ZPs.

The Pfadt camber kit seems perfect for this; does it fit on the ZR1 and has anyone used it on the ZR1?

Seems like $350 plus install and some minor effort would save a lot of $$ on rubber.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Are you moving up to a ZR1 Noel?
Old 08-14-2010, 09:29 PM
vette ruminator
Drifting

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
Are you moving up to a ZR1 Noel?
Slowwly getting the wife used to the idea. Hopefully in the spring. If not, maybe a trip to Katech??
Old 08-14-2010, 11:30 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would imagine it would fit perfectly unless GM did some major changes nobody has talked about in that area.

Go for it, money very well spent!

Rick
Old 08-15-2010, 12:48 AM
grantar2
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Guy's I can't resist the obvious, why not just ask Pfadt I have to believe they know? More important, is the car really going to be driven enough street miles to worry about tire wear? If you can aford a current gen ZR1 are the tires a concern? I would have to assume if your going to run track your going to run R Comp or full race tires, so would the street tires see more than 5,000k miles per year?

Sorry just had to ask.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:14 AM
vette ruminator
Drifting

Originally Posted by grantar2
Guy's I can't resist the obvious, why not just ask Pfadt I have to believe they know? More important, is the car really going to be driven enough street miles to worry about tire wear? If you can aford a current gen ZR1 are the tires a concern? I would have to assume if your going to run track your going to run R Comp or full race tires, so would the street tires see more than 5,000k miles per year?

Sorry just had to ask.
Asking Pfadt would be the most correct, I know; just posting on a Saturday evening while the thought was in my head...
I put about 12K miles on my vettes per year and I would do the same with the ZR1. I do about 8 track days/year (more would be nice) which is enough to eat up the stock tires even if they are very good all-around tires. Running R comp tires on my Z06 there is uneven tire wear, worse on the outer edge, even running -1.9 all around. More aggressive camber should help wear as I said above. Prematurely replacing PS2ZPs @$1900/set or MPSCs@ $1800/set is painful no matter what car you can afford.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:21 AM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Running R compound tires is even more reason to run the kit as the stock setup is prone to slip ruining your track session, maybe the car if it happens in the wrong place.

I am sure you know this but posting it for others that may not. Get a real performance alignment, not just asking for the specs you want, actually making sure it is done(and they put the jigs on the wheels properly, I have seen them misaligned but incompetent techs)

I hope you get the car and enjoy the hell out of it

Have a great day!
Rick

Get notified of new replies

To Would the Pfadt camber kit work on a ZR1?

Quick Reply: Would the Pfadt camber kit work on a ZR1?