Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone doing VIR Thursday?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 09:01 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Anyone doing VIR Thursday?

Trackdaze is doing their Thurs/Fri event. Got my new XP10/8 combos to try. Anyone on here going. Email said almost 200 cars would be participating. Weather looks decent.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:55 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Not doing the Trackdaze event, but doing Mazda on Sat/Sun. There will be several forum members parked up on the hill near the dyno facility that are doing all 4 days. My old body and pocket book can't handle 4 days in a row.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:20 PM
tcmc5
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had to cancel since my car isn't quite ready. I'll be at their Nov. event, though.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:54 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

4 days in a row! I have never even done 2 days. This will also be my first time with the FX1s so that should be a big help. Won't have to spend so much energy staying in the seat now.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:02 PM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

So how did it go???

I was instructing for Track Daze and ran in Red with Mazda Drivers. Managed to leave out by 12:30 Sunday and was home before 8!!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:58 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

88*s but it seemed hotter. Surprisingly, lots of clear track to be so many cars. It was only $165 for the one day, 4 25 min sessions. But to take a day off from work, and prep and stuff, I would prefer to pay more for more track time. Day 2 was Grand Course, so not interested in that yet. A couple of Vipers from some (Canadian?) race team were tearing the track up. I lost one session to cracked rotor. I checked them as I was torquing wheels, but first lap turn 1, I knew it. Got it changed in time to do one lap to get new rotor bedded for last session. My rear PS2s were shot so I could only drive about 7/10s so I never really got to push new XP 10/8 combo. Tried some different shock setteings with Pfadts. 16/15 does not work. Makes car too darty on braking and high speed runs down the backstretch. Ended up at 12/11, but got some more ideas to try from another thread next time. Going to Vegas in Sept, so no track days for me until Oct. Just bought 4 used 18x10.5 Z06 wheels. Going to the square track tire set up. Looking forward to that.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by waddisme
4 days in a row! I have never even done 2 days. This will also be my first time with the FX1s so that should be a big help. Won't have to spend so much energy staying in the seat now.
That would be me - one of the crazy guys that did all 4 days!

I was driving the grey '09 Mustang GT with the spoiler on the rear. I hope to get my Corvette back from VA Speed in mid-September

Last edited by Gray Ghost GS; 09-02-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:27 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Actually I was disappointed in my seats. Seems like I was still using my legs for bracing. I may just need to get belts adj to cure that. Might would help if I tighten up the sub strap some more. Just work in progress like everything else.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:21 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

I was there in the C4 and had a friend there in his C5Z... had a great time as always. I did somehow manage to have both halfshaft seals start leaking on the second day which is going to be fun to fix.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone doing VIR Thursday?

Quick Reply: Anyone doing VIR Thursday?