Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New NASA member!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 10:52 AM
LeMans05C6
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New NASA member!

I just bought my first membership into NASA. I will be doing thier HPDE2 program in the Dallas area at Eagles Canyon on OCT 2-3. I wanted to start doing these HPDEs so i can get a feel for NASA and the racing side of things since i would eventually like to do TimeTrials and maybe racing if my wallet can bear it.

I have run 4 events with the Driver's Edge at MotorSport Ranch in Cresson, TX so this will be a new track, but they have flipped the track around on me a few times out in MSR so I am excited for the challenge. Also i hear this track is harder on brakes with the longer straightaways so I may be changing pads and getting new rotors since I feel my Z51 rotors are coming closer to the end of thier road. I have an event on the 11-12th of Sept so ill see how they look after that. I have noticed a small lip on the outside of the rotor since they are bigger than the pads on the Z51.

Either way, Glad to join the NASA ranks.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:14 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LeMans05C6
I just bought my first membership into NASA. I will be doing thier HPDE2 program in the Dallas area at Eagles Canyon on OCT 2-3. I wanted to start doing these HPDEs so i can get a feel for NASA and the racing side of things since i would eventually like to do TimeTrials and maybe racing if my wallet can bear it.

I have run 4 events with the Driver's Edge at MotorSport Ranch in Cresson, TX so this will be a new track, but they have flipped the track around on me a few times out in MSR so I am excited for the challenge. Also i hear this track is harder on brakes with the longer straightaways so I may be changing pads and getting new rotors since I feel my Z51 rotors are coming closer to the end of thier road. I have an event on the 11-12th of Sept so ill see how they look after that. I have noticed a small lip on the outside of the rotor since they are bigger than the pads on the Z51.

Either way, Glad to join the NASA ranks.
No cracks = good rotor
Old 09-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 372 Likes on 308 Posts

There should be a min. thickness cast into the rotor, you can measure it then. I've always cracked the rotors before they got to thin.

Welcome to NASA, I'd like to TT too! I still need some NASA stickers!
Old 09-03-2010, 12:52 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats, I really like the NASA group

Randy
Old 09-03-2010, 05:26 PM
yakisoba
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You've just taken your first step into a larger universe.

Oops, too much Jedi?

Welcome, see you at ECR. Look for the EB Z06, #41.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:32 PM
LeMans05C6
Pro

Cool, good to know another CF member will be out there.

Its my First NASA event so I am very curious as to how the whole thing is run. Also kinda excited to watch actual races going on. The HPDE laps are cool to watch the cars, but to watch competition will be a much better alternative between sessions.

Just another step to permemnantly setting up a college fund, **cough** i mean trust fund for my corvette and its future.

Good thing I am young and single.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:27 AM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Just one little hit off the pipe won't hurt. I promise.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:03 PM
JohnD60
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Welcome to the fun. I too did TDE (actually for a couple years) then went to NASA Texas. Really enjoy both now.

Tim (yakisoba) and I met at our first Drivers Edge event 5 years ago and haven't looked back.

Eagles Canyon is a fun track. Here's a picture of a fun turn....

See you there in Oct.

John
Old 09-07-2010, 10:36 AM
LeMans05C6
Pro

After looking at the track map, that appears to be turn four. I can't wait to get on a new track. This will get me hooked on going to see even more tracks. TWS I would like to see as well.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:49 PM
JohnD60
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

That is turn 4 at EC. Especially fun in the rain!

Got to love TWS - It's MSRC with two strong straights thrown in...... Haven't lived until you do TWS turn 1 and turn 7 CCW. Better than sex!

John

Get notified of new replies

To New NASA member!

Quick Reply: New NASA member!