Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible trade? Racetech RT1000 seats, amost 2" reduced seating height!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 08:14 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Possible trade? Racetech RT1000 seats, amost 2" reduced seating height!

NO LONGER FOR SALE OR TRADE, just to good to let go so they are now in our Vert, we love them

I designed some very simple mounts for the lowest possible seat height using Recaro sliders, Racetech aluminum side mounts, etc, total weight is just 26 lbs installed and they are far more comfortable than the stock seats.

If I used the bottom mounts (they no longer make that seat with bottom mounts as needed FIA certification and could not get it with them) I could skip using the side mounts and save even more weight and around 1/2 lower!

But, it is hard for my wife to get into the car and out due to back a injury in a wreck when young.

So, I am looking for a trade, most likely, for some easier to get into and out of seats, fixed back and leather preferred but in a light color(we have the Titanium interior and a vert so black, charcoal, in leather will not due, just to hot!)

I would include seats, mounts, and if needed some 3 point Schroth harnesses that are probably the safest harness you could run in a Vert and I can explain why(as well as mounts and instructions for installing the rear section I worked out

These seats are a few years old, not FIA but the same exact seats as the ones that are except have mounts on the bottoms, no more than 2k miles on them, etc........

I might even consider cloth, seats needing recovered, etc........

I was injured as well and most seats just are not usable by me but these are incredibly comfortable though a bit tight(I have wide hip bones) I have driven 300 miles none stop and was ok, that says alot for them with my back issues.

The only other race seat I have sat in, owned, quite a few, that is more comfortable is my RT4009HR which I love!

http://www.racetechseatsna.com/produ...p&model=rt1000

Thanks for looking, have a great new week
Rick

Last edited by RAAMaudio; 09-19-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:16 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Thanks for looking, I will post this in the for sale sections as well.

I put on around 80 miles today, my only complaint is when I have to get out of the car, lifting my butt over the sides of the seat is a bit uncomfortable but I did this at least 10 times on errand stops.

I might have my wife convinced cloth seats are better now as well, she was not happy when parked in the sun while at the bank, etc... very light colored leather seat being hot when my black Racetech as not

I have not installed her Racetech yet, obviously

Rick
Old 09-07-2010, 08:19 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Note: I have read a few more threads and saw where the 4 point Schroth belts were not allowed at some HPDE events. I have ran events with the 3 points and my understanding of their design leads me to believe they are just fine.

Is this just another "RULES" issue? I have been frustrated by many stupid rules, many times over the years, I hope this is not the reason here, iron handed, lack of actual evidence, thought process, logical reasoning, etc.....

If there is a real reason to not run those harnesses I would certainly want to know, I can run my vert at the track here without a roll bar but will not due so, I want to be safe!

Rick
Old 09-08-2010, 02:53 AM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The link is not working.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:07 AM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Thanks, just fixed it

I am looking for seats built more like these:

http://www.racetechseatsna.com/produ...ats/RTROAD.php

I have sat in many seats and most are just not like these Racetechs, just not nearly as high in quality or comfort. If not traded, sold for a decent price later on, etc I may just take them apart and modify them then have them recovered(I can actually do upholstery as well but prefer not to, I always have to much to do and very slow at it but I am good, I learned from a master

Rick
Old 09-09-2010, 06:43 PM
GreekPT
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Were these seats in a C6? I'm looking at getting seats soon but I'm tall in the torso so I need seats/brackets that maximize headroom. Is there a slot in the seat bottom for a sub belt? Would you sell your setup if things worked out?

Thx,
Phil
Old 09-09-2010, 07:14 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Yes but I was tired when I posted this, only one is installed in my C6, drivers side, the passenger side bracket is not made yet but easy to do now that one side is done.

Both seats were previously in my TT car, none Vette, at the most 1k miles on them.

They are race seats by design so have all the slots in place. I had 6 point Racetech harnesses setup with them in that car, still have the harnesses as well.

I put 100 miles on my car yesterday or so on errands with 6 stops at least and quite comfortable.

I have a very long torso for my body height, my wife has a shorter one than me but long legs, she is 5'5" and cannot see over the wheel well enough to drive the way the seat is setup right now, pretty low but could be lower without sliders or without brackets, now it has both.

The reason I want a trade is I do not want to sell these barely used seats at a loss then buy new seats. I would rather trade up, down, around, etc....and not take to much of a hit.

I would sell them for a reasonable cost, with brackets, sliders, etc as needed. If I cannot get a decent trade or sell for a decent price I will just modify them to work for our needs, it is just fiberglass, nothing that hard to work with

Note: The brackets are very simple 4 piece short flat steel, double bolted to the sliders on each end for strength then to the floor with just enough bend to get them to fit. I used the least amount of material possible but they are strong and barely weigh anything
Though simple by design, making everything line up take some effort when making them!

Sincerely
Rick
Old 09-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

Originally Posted by RAAMaudio
Note: I have read a few more threads and saw where the 4 point Schroth belts were not allowed at some HPDE events. I have ran events with the 3 points and my understanding of their design leads me to believe they are just fine.

Is this just another "RULES" issue? I have been frustrated by many stupid rules, many times over the years, I hope this is not the reason here, iron handed, lack of actual evidence, thought process, logical reasoning, etc.....

If there is a real reason to not run those harnesses I would certainly want to know, I can run my vert at the track here without a roll bar but will not due so, I want to be safe!

Rick
A number of the Schroth 4 points are designed to fit in certain cars and attach to factory restraint mounts. All of them require factory mounts. If the car doesn't have the required factory mounts the belts shouldn't be used. The Corvette doesn't fit into that category as one of the shoulder harnesses has to be attached to a harness bar. Properly installed and attached they are DOT compliant and have a certification from the government. The belts work like an OEM three point restraint. One of the shoulder belts is designed so it stretches more than the other. This allows the upper body to pivot around the stronger belt similar to the way a three point system works. This pivoting action keeps the body from submarining under the lap belt.

Here is what Schroth says about the restraints:
Schroth's Tuning line of harnesses focuses on maintaining street legality and utilizing all factory points for installation. This approach yields the safest possible installation because it uses attachment points that have been designed by the vehicle manufacturer to support the necessary forces involved with restraints in the event of an impact.
These harnesses include the standard line of Rallye belts (Rallye 3, Rallye 4, Cross and AutoControl) as well as the new generation of SCHROTH harnesses, the QuickFit and QuickFit Pro vehicle specific harnesses.

Bill
Old 09-09-2010, 09:59 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

The one I am using is 3 point, the factory location would be a very poor choice in a Vette so I made a mount that attaches to the rear forward upper control arm bolt, up through the floor, thick steel, very strong. This locates the harness strap nearly straight back and the angle downward is just enough to be within rules for roll cage mounted harnesses.

This is about as good as could be done without dropping the rear subframe, trans, etc to get access to weld a plate, etc to the frame rail, which I wanted to do but just no time and this is a temp solotution anyway. I am quite sure it is safe and only required a small slot in the fiberglass I can easily patch later on.

Once I have a proper roll bar I will install my 6 point harnesses for the track.

Thanks
Rick

Last edited by RAAMaudio; 09-09-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:08 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

No longer letting these go, added adjustable lumbar and will add seat heaters when I remember where I put them, just to good a seat and my wife does not mind climbing over the high sides of them at all

Rick

Get notified of new replies

To Possible trade? Racetech RT1000 seats, amost 2" reduced seating height!

Quick Reply: Possible trade? Racetech RT1000 seats, amost 2" reduced seating height!