Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PFADT Sway Settings

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 08:18 AM
H1ghlndr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default PFADT Sway Settings

I have Pfatty's on a C6Z and I'm looking to move off of the "suggested" settings at install to stiffer, but don't want to waste track time if it will get too stiff.

Can anyone share their experiences?

Thanks,
Bob
Old 09-20-2010, 08:47 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

It really depends on how you want the car to feel and what your driving style is. I just moved up 2 clicks at a time till I got what I felt was right for me. Also it depends on the tracks you are running, rough or smooth? Usually rough tracks require a little softer settings. Just My .02 You will love them. JD
Old 09-20-2010, 11:57 AM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's the car doing now that you don't want it to do? Or what's it not doing that you do want it to do? (FWIW, I think JD thought you were referring to the shocks, not the sways.) On my car I have the original Pfattys, which I think are the same as the current Street bars, and I run full stiff in the front, and full soft in the rear.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:58 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

Sorry, my bad!! On the sways, Pfadt's instructions are pretty good at explaining what to do depending on how you want the car to handle. If you don't have them? You can down load them from there website. I'm also running stiffer on the front and softer on the rear, not sure which holes. I can check if you want to try my settings. JD
Old 09-21-2010, 12:24 AM
CorvetteZ51Racer
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have mine at full stiff in the front and full soft in the rear. I've found that combination is giving me the best mid-corner grip (no more front wash-out) and still able to plant the power on exit. FWIW, I also run my shocks at 14 on the front (16 being full stiff) and rears at 10. Crisp turn-in without overpowering the brakes on pedal tip-in, and good power down on exit.

On bumpier tracks, I'll soften the whole car up on the shocks, but usually find that the same F/R split works well.

Get notified of new replies

To PFADT Sway Settings

Quick Reply: PFADT Sway Settings