Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GoPro HD mount rattle fix? A shim

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 02:19 AM
Charleston2012
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GoPro HD mount rattle fix? A shim

Dirtie Howie posted a great thread on this camera, and he stated a person on this forum may have fixed the clicking noise caused by the mount, using a shim.
If anyone knows this person, or if you are the person, can you show me what was done to alleviate this. I am a little OCD on noises, kinda ironic when I drive a C4 with a ZO7 suspension.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:33 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

only thing i can think of is a washer or something between the camera and housing. if you shake the housing with camera in it does it rattle a little bit? if so just place a washer or something that will fit between the hosing and the back door thing that opens up to make it solid
Old 09-21-2010, 12:06 PM
Charleston2012
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, makes sense
Old 09-21-2010, 02:27 PM
dbratten
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I think I might have mentioned this to Howie. The noise comes from the slip-in mounts. The supplied soft-rubber insert (orange on mine) helps a little but not enough to eliminate the clicking. I shimmed the mount using one of those plastic pick thingys that are used to get gunk out of your teeth as I had one in the center console. They are tapered and the thickness needed to act as a wedge. I jambed one or two of them between the slide-in and the base. It really helped but didn't remove the click all together. I've since gone back to the suction cup mounted just behind the rear-view mirror.

Get notified of new replies

To GoPro HD mount rattle fix? A shim

Quick Reply: GoPro HD mount rattle fix? A shim