Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 - SS Brake Line Install Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 07:41 AM
avengerhed
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 - SS Brake Line Install Issues

Hi guys. I had a full maintenance day on the C6(Z51) this weekend in anticipation of a driving school I am attending next weekend. My final operation was to change out the rubber brake lines for a set of Goodridge SS lines. I have used Goodridge SS lines before and never had a problem, and this was to be my 5th car installing SS lines so I am not new to the operation.

No matter what I tried, I could not get either of the rear brake lines supplied in the Goodridge kit to thread onto the driver's rear brake line (the one I started with). I checked the Goodridge part number and it matches for a 2005+ C6. I figure that with Z51 package, or not, the hardline fittings should thread right in.

Has anyone had experience with the Goodridge lines? At this point I figure 1 of 2 things is going on: a) I have faulty lines or the wrong part; or, b) Someone mangled the thread on the hardline (maybe even at the factory?) and now only the factory line with thread up.

I'd appreciate any advice/thoughts. I may ask for an exchange on these lines to see if a new set of Goodridge or Technafits work fine.

Another option I am considering is using a die to clean up the threads on the hardline fitting. Does anyone know the thread size/pitch of the stock hardline fitting?

Thanks in advance,

dave

Quick Reply: C6 - SS Brake Line Install Issues