Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TrackTime4Cars 10/26 NJMP

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 02:01 PM
05MagRedC6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TrackTime4Cars 10/26 NJMP

Anyone been to a TT4C event? Newb here. Is it lightning or thunderbolt? How fast are the straightaways? what time does it start?
Old 09-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

I will most likely be there since the chief instructor has offered me some coaching.

They are running thunderbolt.

I believe gates open at 630 but tt4c doesn't start until 7am for tech. You would be on track around 830 then roughly every hour after that. If you are new you probably miss first session for some more classroom.

If this is your first time I wouldn't worry about speed.

Last edited by Wicked Weasel; 09-30-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:11 AM
05MagRedC6
Advanced

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel @ ECS
I will most likely be there since the chief instructor has offered me some coaching.

They are running thunderbolt.

I believe gates open at 630 but tt4c doesn't start until 7am for tech. You would be on track around 830 then roughly every hour after that. If you are new you probably miss first session for some more classroom.

If this is your first time I wouldn't worry about speed.
thanks for the info- wasn't really worried- I was just curious
Old 10-01-2010, 06:40 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by 05MagRedC6
thanks for the info- wasn't really worried- I was just curious
Sorry didn't mean anything by saying it but many of us who have been doing this for sometime always use caution when someone new asks how fast will I go.

We will be there so please stop over and say hi. Any questions regarding the track don't hesitate to ask. The group of us have been running for many years and have many track days at NJMP.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:47 AM
crainholio
Pro

tracktime4cars.com says it's on the Lightning course.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by crainholio
tracktime4cars.com says it's on the Lightning course.
TT4C website says Thunderbolt on the first page and lightning on the second page. This is the same thing it said for the last date and I know we ran thunderbolt.

I verifed with Glenn the owner of tt4c and looked at NJMP calendar and both said Thunderbolt.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:17 AM
crainholio
Pro

TT4C website says Thunderbolt on the first page and lightning on the second page. This is the same thing it said for the last date and I know we ran thunderbolt.

I verifed with Glenn the owner of tt4c and looked at NJMP calendar and both said Thunderbolt.
Thanks for that, I had a great time w/ you guys at Lightning back in July...just filed time off notice for October.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:42 AM
05MagRedC6
Advanced

Sorry didn't mean anything by saying it but many of us who have been doing this for sometime always use caution when someone new asks how fast will I go.

We will be there so please stop over and say hi. Any questions regarding the track don't hesitate to ask. The group of us have been running for many years and have many track days at NJMP.

Don't worry about it- I know what you mean though. I have run at Monticello Motor club and some auto crossing- but probably still a newb. Haven't been to NJMP and looking forward to it. What brake pads do you recommend- mine are probably not going to make it a full day- it's a z51.

Last edited by 05MagRedC6; 10-01-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Don't worry about it- I know what you mean though. I have run at Monticello Motor club and some auto crossing- but probably still a newb. Haven't been to NJMP and looking forward to it. What brake pads do you recommend- mine are probably not going to make it a full day
I know many people like the carbotechs. Look up carbotech adam on these boards and send him a PM or email.

Other choice would be hawk hps or maybe even hp+ depending on how you drive.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:46 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Thunderbolt is brutal on brakes, at least for me. There are several very hard brake zones. If you are beyond the Newb stage and are at all agressve and hard braking than I'd recommend a track pad rather than some of the high end street pads. There are many options and which you choose depends: street tires or stickies, leave them in full time or you going to swap pads while at the track, what's your tolerance for noise and dust, etc. Best bet is to call one of our expert forum vendors and discuss with them. I've worked with Jeff Ritter at Essexparts.com and been very happy with his advice and service. I'm sure others are just as good. ECS is in New Jersey, Chris and Doug are both track junkies...call them.

Top speed at Thunderbolt: In my LS6 C5 I hit between 130 and 140 on the front straight. Thats probably pretty typical. Someone like Bob with his nuclear powered bananna easily catches me.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:21 PM
05MagRedC6
Advanced

Originally Posted by argonaut
Thunderbolt is brutal on brakes, at least for me. There are several very hard brake zones. If you are beyond the Newb stage and are at all agressve and hard braking than I'd recommend a track pad rather than some of the high end street pads. There are many options and which you choose depends: street tires or stickies, leave them in full time or you going to swap pads while at the track, what's your tolerance for noise and dust, etc. Best bet is to call one of our expert forum vendors and discuss with them. I've worked with Jeff Ritter at Essexparts.com and been very happy with his advice and service. I'm sure others are just as good. ECS is in New Jersey, Chris and Doug are both track junkies...call them.

Top speed at Thunderbolt: In my LS6 C5 I hit between 130 and 140 on the front straight. Thats probably pretty typical. Someone like Bob with his nuclear powered bananna easily catches me.
Running street tires so i'm thinking street/track pads- if there is such a thing?
Old 10-01-2010, 02:33 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thunderbolt is hard on both brakes and tires. My C6Z sees about 155mph. Unlike Turn 1 at lightning, turn 1 at Thunderbolt is slower, so I am literally cooking marshmellows on a camp fire diving into that turn.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Someone like Bob with his nuclear powered bananna easily catches me.

Last edited by Wicked Weasel; 10-01-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Rogue Wave
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-16-'17

For those new to TT4C (or even HPDE for that matter), there is almost always someone of professional race car driver fame or thereabouts that are willing to do ride alongs with anyone at any experience level.

I'm signed up for the 26th. Hope to see you all there.

Old 10-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Don't worry about it- I know what you mean though. I have run at Monticello Motor club and some auto crossing- but probably still a newb. Haven't been to NJMP and looking forward to it. What brake pads do you recommend- mine are probably not going to make it a full day- it's a z51.
Carbotech Xp10 and Xp8 contact me at 216-780-8825. I also recomend fluid s lines and cooling ducts. I can help you with everything but the cooling ducts, We sell godridge ss lines and various fluids.

Last edited by Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com; 10-02-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:38 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Running street tires so i'm thinking street/track pads- if there is such a thing?
For the track I run hawk DTC-70's, they last a long time, never had a problem, on the street oem Z06 pads.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:44 AM
OZ51
Instructor

Originally Posted by carbotech adam
Carbotech Xp10 and Xp8 contact me at 216-780-8825. I also recomend fluid s lines and cooling ducts. I can help you with everything but the cooling ducts, We sell godridge ss lines and various fluids.
Ditto's on the XP10/XP8 combo. I run an LS3/Z51 on street tires fairly aggressively (140 mph on the front staights at each track) and after a day on each track only used ~ 1.5-2mm front pad (vented/ducted rotors and early braking to avoid boiling the fluid). Both tracks are fun, enjoy!
Old 10-05-2010, 06:40 PM
maxattack
Instructor

Can you ask Glenn when the registration closes for the 10/26 day?

Get notified of new replies

To TrackTime4Cars 10/26 NJMP

Quick Reply: TrackTime4Cars 10/26 NJMP