Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Pedal Dive

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 09:18 AM
thekid96
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brake Pedal Dive

I am having a little bit of brake pedal dive when I initially apply the brakes. It really feels like air in the lines because it goes away if I lift and re-apply pressure to the pedal. I just did a Tech2 bleed and meticulously bled the entire system with new fluid so I am looking for other possibilities if anyone has suggestions. My set-up is a stock C5Z master cylinder with StopTech ST60/40 calipers. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:35 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

is it consistent (hot, cold, start of session, end, etc)? The only thing that immediately comes to mind would be a bit of knock-back, which could be caused by something out of center between the rotors and calipers. IE, if there was a bit of debris behind one of the rotors, it could be wobbling a bit, forcing the pads back into the bore just a tiny bit.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:41 PM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And the more worn your pads are the more room there is for knock-back. This leads to a "long pedal", but the brakes still work effectively.
In the last third of a pad's useful life this becomes very noticeable. Needless to say if this is the cause, bleeding won't fix, but a new set of pads will.

HTH

Get notified of new replies

To Brake Pedal Dive

Quick Reply: Brake Pedal Dive