Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Astock autcross T1 shocks.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:07 PM
gumby4mayor
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Astock autcross T1 shocks.

Well I have been looking around at shocks for some time now and have found a pretty stellar deal on some T1 shocks. anyone have experience with them? how do they compare with the koni singles in valving?
Old 10-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Unless you have T1 springs the car will be overdamped. That is more so with the springs that you get in an A stock car. A C5Z would be bad, but a Z51 would be even worse. The Koni sports are probably a better choice.

JMHO
Old 10-07-2010, 07:20 PM
gumby4mayor
Instructor

I figured since i cant change spring rates I would go stiffer shocks. the problem is I don't have any raw data. I intend them to be "overdamped to a point" but overkill is overkill. Hence opinions. If the valving is similar to the koni yellows at full stiff than there is no issue.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

I know you don't have the stiffer springs of a T1 car, or even a Z for that matter, but I don't think that overdamping the car is going to make it faster. While the thought of stiffening the shocks to make up for stiffer springs is sometimes talked about I don't hold much to that theory. Even Mark Daddio, who believes in lots of rebound doesn't go toward higher compression damping. If I were doing it I'd go to the single adjustable Konis as the best approach. You can adjust rebound and the jounce damping is pretty close to what you want anyway.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:29 AM
gumby4mayor
Instructor

Look at what I found!

Old 10-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

As the guy in the old commercial used to say (insert your best french accent here)... "In cookeing, In beeking, NO Differarance!!!! At least as far as high speed damping is concerned.

Be careful, however the low speed stuff (below the knee on the shock curve) isn't shown and that makes a big difference in how the shocks work...

Last edited by Solofast; 10-09-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:05 PM
gumby4mayor
Instructor

yeah, the specs are very similar, which is kind of surprising. I think the T1's will work fine, however I'm not quite sure how much if any better they are compared with just the 04 Z06 sachs shocks, they seem almost identical in most places.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:47 PM
avizandum
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Bilstein sports and they have significantly more rebound than Sachs Z06. Got them for $299.. Can't beat the value.

They really changed the car and it does have a stiffer feel.

Last edited by avizandum; 10-11-2010 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Adding info

Get notified of new replies

To Astock autcross T1 shocks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Astock autcross T1 shocks.