Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Track Car / HPDE Conversions

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 08:16 PM
cdbmathews
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Track Car / HPDE Conversions

Hi All,

I am an experienced road racer who is new to the forum and interested in stepping up to C6 T1 racing. I see we have an excellent sticky thread on C5 Track Cars / HPDE Conversions. What does the group have to share regarding C6 Track Cars / HPDE...?

Thanks, Chuck.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

We have several members who are racing C6 T1 cars. This will give you a bump and bring the thread to the top.

Bill
Old 03-14-2011, 05:05 PM
C&M Racing
Instructor

The electronics are a pain in the axx. I would switch back to a C5 in a heartbeat. Everything else is the same basic car and what worked on a C5 T1 car will do fine on a C6. Check the GCR to see the different options on C5 vs C6 and depending on engine, LS2 or LS3 there will be a weight difference. The C6 does not get the exact same brakes as the C5 but you can user aftermarket 4 pot calipers with 2 piece rotors. C5 gets headers and the C6 does not.

Just my view but I was quicker in my C5 without this years upgrades but I have yet to have a good weekend in the C6 without electrical issues. Most of them have to do with the C6 nanies that can not be turned off. Flat tire sensor failure, not a flat just the sensor with limit you to 55mph. If you turn active handleing off and the system gets a failure it turns itself back on. I don't mind getting a light when there is an issue but the BCM contols too much and so far no one is reprogramming the BCM. Don't forget that sometimes the FOB forgets to talk to the car and it will not start on grid. Did I tell you that there are too many electrical issues with the C6 to be an easy race car?
Old 03-14-2011, 08:28 PM
cdbmathews
Instructor

The electrical is news to me, thanks for the heads-up. One more subject for which I need to find a good solution.

Speaking of good solutions, another example of is the drysump choice, needed to race these motors, anyone have a recommendation on which is the "best". We only have a choice between ARE and Aviaid?
Old 03-16-2011, 12:02 PM
C&M Racing
Instructor

If you want to stay T1 legal the GCR has the part number of the allowed dry sump parts. I wanted to go with a smaller tank to make it easier to do the install but to stay legal I could not change tanks from the approved parts. Not my rules but I do have to follow them.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:37 PM
cdbmathews
Instructor

Originally Posted by C&M Racing
If you want to stay T1 legal the GCR has the part number of the allowed dry sump parts. I wanted to go with a smaller tank to make it easier to do the install but to stay legal I could not change tanks from the approved parts. Not my rules but I do have to follow them.
Exactly, we only have a choice between ARE and Aviaid? Which way did you go? Issues to look out for?
Old 03-22-2011, 03:03 AM
C&M Racing
Instructor

Originally Posted by cdbmathews
Exactly, we only have a choice between ARE and Aviaid? Which way did you go? Issues to look out for?
I used ARE and space was the only issue. Tight around motor mounts, I made custom mounts to get a bit more room and oil filter location. I don't like a filter in front of my tires so I ended up putting it under the drivers fender. I have to take a panel off to change filter but I would rather do that to keep it behind the tire.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:05 AM
cdbmathews
Instructor

That's what I was looking for. Thanks.

How hard was it to get the pan on the motor?
Old 05-15-2011, 06:55 PM
cdbmathews
Instructor

Anyone else have opinions / experience with Aviaid versus ARE for the Dry Sump in T1?
Old 05-18-2011, 11:24 AM
yooper
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default C6 Track Car

subscribed

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Track Car / HPDE Conversions

Quick Reply: C6 Track Car / HPDE Conversions