Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front splitter

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 09:53 AM
JohnAlley
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Front splitter

Looking to add rear wing and front splitter later this year after I get a lot more experience on the road courses. Looking for advice as to which front splitter seems to be the one of choice from those who have been running with one for awhile.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:14 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

4" ACP with the Laguna under-tray
Old 03-16-2011, 10:36 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

How much experience do you have? What are you working toward with the car? Are you looking to start running TimeTrials, or go W2W racing? If so, you need to plan a path and build the car around a certain class.

Far too many people mod up the car for the sake of modding, then have a car that falls into a high-end class that they can't compete in.

I run my car in TTA which works out to be a nearly spec-class for a C5Z06. The fast TTA guys are constantly posting better times than many TTS/TTU folks.

If you do decide you want/need aero then ACP is one of the popular vendors. Some ST2 racers have had good results a wing made by Kognition out of California i.e Wallyman, Oyisdog, and Falcon to name a few.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:56 AM
JohnAlley
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by travisnd
How much experience do you have? What are you working toward with the car? Are you looking to start running TimeTrials, or go W2W racing? If so, you need to plan a path and build the car around a certain class.

Far too many people mod up the car for the sake of modding, then have a car that falls into a high-end class that they can't compete in.

I run my car in TTA which works out to be a nearly spec-class for a C5Z06. The fast TTA guys are constantly posting better times than many TTS/TTU folks.

If you do decide you want/need aero then ACP is one of the popular vendors. Some ST2 racers have had good results a wing made by Kognition out of California i.e Wallyman, Oyisdog, and Falcon to name a few.
Looking at either NASA TTA or TTS. I realize that TTA does not give me a lot of room for mods. I have run about 5 weekends last year , not with NASA and plan to as many as possible this year in the Midwest / Great Lakes region. If I decide to stay in TTA / PTA I think car is done except for some weight reduction.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:01 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes that's the beauty of TTA/PTA. Instead of spending $15,000 on mods to compete, you can spend that on tires and actually racing.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Miraculix
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need to know bump!

How did you guys work around the fact that the front will scratch against everything uneven and even the ramp when using a trailer?

I'm looking at ACP 4" front with the undertray but is there any way you can attach the whole thing so that it is easy to dismount when going up on ramps, etc?
Old 06-19-2011, 11:55 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

don think you can put those on for TTA/PTA

TTS is different
Old 06-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Miraculix
Instructor

Not running in either, it's a time attack car
Anything goes, except slicks
Old 06-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some guys have their splitters removable. ACP's splitter is removable if I recall but it takes a second to do. Other's just have super, super long ramps.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:40 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Miraculix
Need to know bump!

How did you guys work around the fact that the front will scratch against everything uneven and even the ramp when using a trailer?

I'm looking at ACP 4" front with the undertray but is there any way you can attach the whole thing so that it is easy to dismount when going up on ramps, etc?
NO I have a tilt trailer, 6' aluminum ramps, and and a 3' 2"x6". The car is not slammed either. Street-able is not possible. I have about 3" to bottom of splitter.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:53 PM
Corvee
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

With regard to splitters - I would wait until I determined my requirements. I put four off in a fast corner into wet grass, slid through a slight grade transition, and tore a splitter clean off and with it my brake ducts, linings to my wheel openings. Had to replace it all - along with the front bumper cover due to the fastners ripping out. I regretted the day I got away from the stock set-up.

Race Ramps and a section of 2x6 should allow clearance in most situations.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:04 AM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Progressive Incline Race Ramps

There is a good chance that our Progressive Incline Race Ramps will fit under a splitter. The ramps have an initial incline of 4 degrees which increases to 8 degrees before reaching the 8" high platform. The ramps have a slight concave curved top surface.

http://www.reverselogic.us/ReverseLo...ace_Ramps.html

The attached drawing compares the RLL-89-2 Progressive Incline ramp to a popular plastic ramp available at auto stores.

Originally Posted by Corvee
Race Ramps and a section of 2x6 should allow clearance in most situations.
Attached Images  
Old 06-20-2011, 08:22 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Don't forget your splitter could be 4" past your nose and 3" off the ground or lower. Big difference from a stock car, huge.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Miraculix
Instructor

yea I don't see how that's going to work without unhappy endings, but what about pins?

Get notified of new replies

To Front splitter

Quick Reply: Front splitter