Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do R100's end up

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 06:33 AM
The Bus
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where do R100's end up

A6 s seem the best tire from comments. Since I'm a information junkie, where do R100's fit ???
Old 03-20-2011, 12:40 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

A6's are DOT track tires and R100's are racing slicks. The only reason why more people don't run the slicks is they are assessed a penalty in most club racing classes or simply not allowed in many classes. However, the slicks are superior to the R6/A6 tires in almost every way unless you only time trial and need to turn your fastest lap on your first or second hot lap. I picked up a set of R80/R100 scrubs and ran them in hpde for many days without wearing them out. Once warmed up, they provided excellent grip that never faded in a 30 minute session.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:41 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by redtopz
A6's are DOT track tires and R100's are racing slicks. The only reason why more people don't run the slicks is they are assessed a penalty in most club racing classes or simply not allowed in many classes. However, the slicks are superior to the R6/A6 tires in almost every way unless you only time trial and need to turn your fastest lap on your first or second hot lap. I picked up a set of R80/R100 scrubs and ran them in hpde for many days without wearing them out. Once warmed up, they provided excellent grip that never faded in a 30 minute session.
What is the cost difference new? thanks!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:13 PM
blkz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any info on reasonable prices for R80's , R100's
Old 03-20-2011, 10:25 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

They are slightly more than A6's new, but they will last much longer for hpde. I found a set in great condition that came off a porsche cup car (or something like that) in my sizes that were just left at the track for cheap scavengers like me .

Get notified of new replies

To Where do R100's end up

Quick Reply: Where do R100's end up