Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SS brake lines??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 07:53 PM
JohnAlley
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default SS brake lines??

I just finished installing new SS brake lines, rotors, and pads getting ready for first event. Went out to bed the pads and the SS lines are rubbing on the wheels. I doulle checked and put the short in front as directed but they are still rubbing. Any ideas of what I might have done wrong???
Old 03-22-2011, 09:19 AM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnAlley
I just finished installing new SS brake lines, rotors, and pads getting ready for first event. Went out to bed the pads and the SS lines are rubbing on the wheels. I doulle checked and put the short in front as directed but they are still rubbing. Any ideas of what I might have done wrong???
Need a pic but you gotta fix that. Eventually it would rub through. Mine are actually a little long especially in the back so I take some aluminum foil and make a bushing out of it and then put the bushing around the SS line and then tape the outside of it to the suspension arm. The bushing is oversized and soft foil so the line can flex but is more constrained along the length.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:09 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The clocking of the line is off. The line needs to be bent inwards. A a couple lose zip ties on the line and upper rear control arm will for sure hold it away from the rear wheel.

Randy
Old 03-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you tighten the non-caliper end of the line first? You might be able to loosen the non-caliper end of the line and rotate it to minimize the interference.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,754 Likes on 941 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by Sidney004
Did you tighten the non-caliper end of the line first? You might be able to loosen the non-caliper end of the line and rotate it to minimize the interference.

I like to install mine with a slight twist in them so when the suspension compresses the hose makes a loop instead of hitting stuff (if that makes any sense).
Old 03-22-2011, 09:51 PM
StKnoWhere
Tech Contributor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Once you clear the interference, putting some Teflon spiral wrap over the line will help distribute the flex and give it some additional abrasion protection...

Get notified of new replies

To SS brake lines??

Quick Reply: SS brake lines??