Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jobs

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 07:02 PM
TLGunman
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Jobs

fyi, incase anyone here is looking for a job in the racing industry. Red Bull Racing Team is looking for a C# programmer, DAG (Data Acquisition Guy), and:

Red Bull Racing - Technical Track Support Engineer : Red Bull Racing is looking for a person to fill theirr Technical Track Support Engineer position. This person will be responsible for supporting engineering applications at the track. This includes providing end user computer support, maintaining the timing and scoring systems, generating reports from timing & scoring, audio, and video sources. The person will also be responsible for maintaining all track based computer systems in the haulers, pit boxes, and test carts. This is a full time on the road position. Additionally, this person may be involved in developing new computer based tools used by track personnel.
Requirements:
BS/BA in Computer Science or related field.
1-2 years of end user support.
Proficient in Excel.
NASCAR track support experience a plus.
Windows system administration a plus.
Any programming experience a plus.
Red Bull Racing offers a competitive salary and the most generous benefit package in the industry. Apply via the careers link on their website at www.redbullracingusa.com, or submit a resume to careers@redbullracingusa.com Please include the job title in the subject line of your submission.(3-9-2011)
Old 03-25-2011, 08:19 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

They need a unix systems engineer. And the ability to let me telecommute.

Dammit.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:41 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

damn i could do pretty much all that except the programming part

well if they are looking for the seperate track support engineer part i could do that for sure! might apply would be pretty awesome i am sure.

Last edited by dvandentop; 03-26-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:17 AM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dvandentop
damn i could do pretty much all that except the programming part

well if they are looking for the seperate track support engineer part i could do that for sure! might apply would be pretty awesome i am sure.
I was around these type of guys/jobs when I worked the ALMS series for Kumho. Yes it is very cool but you have NO LIFE traveling from one track to another and never seeing home barley. If your fine with living out of a suitcase then go for it.

In 06,07 & 08 I worked from Jan 1st thru Dec 1st and saw home about 2weeks of that. It was fun for the first 2-3 months.

Had my share!

Aaron
Old 03-26-2011, 03:43 AM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Would have been great a few years out of college to do this for a living for a while. I picked the wrong career.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:25 AM
TLGunman
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, the traveling IT support job requires being away from thursday-sunday, in to work on monday, and tuesday, off wednesday, and then doing it again, for 36 weeks. I would suggest being young, and single...or hoping to be single soon.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:43 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

for a few years it may be fun. But long term . ..
Old 03-26-2011, 09:59 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

LOL yeah prob no chance to race your own car either
Old 03-26-2011, 10:19 AM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was an over the road trucker for a year. Kinda sucked being away from home ALL the time. I was single and 21. If I had had a home, wife or girlfriend, and kids the job would have really sucked. It was good money but if your never home to drive the car or spend the money it kinda lost it's point. It was fun for a year but it got kind of old after awhile.

This would be a fun job for a little while but being away from everything back home all the time takes it's toll after awhile. That's just me though.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

I know how to fry water. Do I qualify?

Jim

Get notified of new replies

To Jobs

Quick Reply: Jobs