Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pfadt Upper Shock Mount in SCCA Stock class

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 06:08 PM
rekamuhsg
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pfadt Upper Shock Mount in SCCA Stock class

Anyone see any reason why these would not be legal in Super Stock:

http://www.pfadtracing.com/catalog/p...roducts_id/139

The rules seem to indicate to me that they are legal as they say "any type of bushing material" and as long as the mounting hardware is the same. Just making sure I am not missing something.

Someone posted recently about the Hardbar mounts and they are of similar design and folks seemed to think they'd be legal.

Thanks
Greg
Old 04-04-2011, 09:24 PM
rekamuhsg
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*bump*

Also, while I am at it, if the upper mounts are legal, then I don't see why these would not be also...any opinions?

http://www.pfadtracing.com/catalog/p...roducts_id/201
Old 04-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

The upper mount is legal, it's considered part of the shock. Many shocks come with their own rubber mounts and you can change that with the shock. So long as the mounting point where the shock attaches to the frame is unaltered you are ok.

The rear lower bushing is part of the control arm. It isn't part of the shock and you can't change it. When you buy a shock it doesn't come with those bushings, and when you buy the control arm it comes with the bushing installed, so it's part of the control arm.

Get notified of new replies

To Pfadt Upper Shock Mount in SCCA Stock class

Quick Reply: Pfadt Upper Shock Mount in SCCA Stock class