Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Susp. Maintenance... Brainiacs needed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 08:47 PM
OKsweetrides
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Susp. Maintenance... Brainiacs needed.

Seeing as everyone has a tie rod/bushing question... I'll add a few more questions.

1) I got a bead on moog lower ball joints (K6537) and the raybestos upper ball joints (5001128) for all corners. What is the heating process that is best for R&R on these? Have racers done cold press out, and cold press in with these part numbers with no issues?

2) What's the opinion on the Pfadt Upper Shock Mounts or Hardbar Upper Shock Mounts? These would be going on Moton Clubsports, will that be an issue?

3) I use single rate coil springs zip tied to the spring perch to keep them in place (which I learned after chipping a few perches)... How can I best improve that so I don't have to drill a tiny hole in the spring perch for zip ties? Do I get rubber springs? Go dual rate? I have 800#front / 600#rear; how will going dual spring affect that?

Thanks !
p.s. I've tried searching, but I can't get anything concrete before I go blow a bunch of coin and drink a lot of beer to install this stuff.

edit: cleaned up unnecessary info.

Last edited by OKsweetrides; 04-06-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:45 AM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OKsweetrides
4) What's the opinion on the Pfadt Upper Shock Mounts or Hardbar Upper Shock Mounts? These would be going on Moton Clubsports, will that be an issue?
Call the vendors; I think all they need is enough length to the pin top for them to work.

5) I use single rate coil springs zip tied to the spring perch to keep them in place (which I learned after chipping a few perches)... How can I best improve that so I don't have to drill a tiny hole in the spring perch for zip ties? Do I get rubber springs? Go dual rate? I have 800#front / 600#rear; how will going dual spring affect that?
http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pro...p?Product=1875

I happen to have two of these, and two spring dividers that I never ended up using because I went the DRM Coilover route rather than messing with what I had (I was going to try 1000# front springs and knew I'd need the zero-rate helpers at full-droop)...
Old 04-06-2011, 12:50 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Has anyone used the Pfadt upper shock mounts? How do they compare to the Hardbar's?

Get notified of new replies

To Susp. Maintenance... Brainiacs needed.

Quick Reply: Susp. Maintenance... Brainiacs needed.