Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on replacement rotors on C6Z06

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 07:42 PM
NWbluez06
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Question on replacement rotors on C6Z06

Looking for a little input on replacing my stock rotors on my C6Z06. I must use my Brakes Alot... I went through several sets of rotors on my car and am looking for a better solution without going the BBK route. I have had my Z since late 05 and have been bitten by the HPDE bug and would like to feel alittle better about my brakes (cracking rotors, fading, sticking pistons, etc..). I am thinking of going with LG's or Colman Replacements... Does any one have any input on what would work best?
Colman is 10Lbs less than stock and LG is 8 Lbs less. LG seems to think more mass/vanes are better. I do like the Idea of less Rotating Mass of the Colman. Both are Alu. hats and floating. I am also going with Katech Spliter w/ ducts, LG spindle plate and hose for cooling, and DRM SS replacement pistons for the calipers, and of course SS lines and high temp fluid. Any input?
Old 04-14-2011, 08:25 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

Look into Performance AFX rotors. Bob is a great guy and a lot of forum members have used his rotors with great success. http://shop.performanceafx.com/C6-Z06_c14.htm JD
Old 04-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by JDIllon
Look into Performance AFX rotors. Bob is a great guy and a lot of forum members have used his rotors with great success. http://shop.performanceafx.com/C6-Z06_c14.htm JD

I use them on my 07 C6, they are very lite.

Get notified of new replies

To Question on replacement rotors on C6Z06

Quick Reply: Question on replacement rotors on C6Z06