Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road America: June 23-25 Races

Old 04-14-2011, 07:44 PM
lyonsac4242
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Road America: June 23-25 Races

Hey guys,

My buddies and I are planning on taking in the festivities in a motorhome this weekend. 3 races in 2 days! Do you guys know if there would be a prefered location to camp? Obviously on the front straight you get to see the high speeds and the pit changes, but just looking for others' opinions. Thanks and really looking forward to the racing.

Scott
Old 04-14-2011, 10:00 PM
gtb75
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

My suggestion would be camp about 10 minutes away here - provided they still have any openings: http://www.threeguysandagrill.com/camping.html

They have asphalt pads and electrical/water hookups for RV's. Then either rent a golf cart or take a car over to the track for getting around. Road America is very large and has so many great places to watch that you won't want to be stuck in one area.

Just my two cents
Old 04-14-2011, 10:30 PM
lyonsac4242
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default one option, thank you

but probably wanna stay on site, there are on track sites for $75 for the whole weekend that are not track side. (4-5 guys divided by $75 would be pretty cheap) I told my buddies, save the $ from a trackside site ($250-$350) and rent a cart to get around in. We'll see, I'm sure we will wonder around and find the best spots to watch by the end of the 3rd race. thanks
Scott

Get notified of new replies

To Road America: June 23-25 Races

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Road America: June 23-25 Races