Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kirkey Seat Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 08:03 PM
JohnAlley
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Kirkey Seat Install

Working slowly on getting my 2004 Z06 converted to a TTA car. My Kirkey seats came in today and since I am really new at this, here comes the dumb question. I noticed that they do not have any mounting holes in the seat, do I drill holes to match the side mount brackets I am getting? I am guessing that I find the position where I wnat the seat , mark the seat drill holes and bolt it together. Any advice will be greatly appreciated, hopefully one day I won't have so many questions or better yet the car will be done !!!
Old 04-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Tourmgr1
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Useful info here and a search will reveal more.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...installed.html

Good Luck.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:04 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Yep... measure and drill. Helps to have a buddy to mark the holes while you sit in your car and get the angle and positioning correct.

In my picture here you can see where I drew a few holes... but I was doing this by myself.

Here are some other shots of my seat from cutting out the top layers of the floor this weekend. You can install the uprights laying down or upright depending on how you need to configure it. I have mine as low as it can go... the bottom of the seat sits on the hardbar seat rails.

EDIT: Here's the initial install pic from last summer when I finished the first part of the build up (now I'm doing the cage)

Old 04-18-2011, 10:10 PM
ssdeuce
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You got it! I set mine up on a workbench and drilled holes just above the welds. I then used the holes in the seat rails to get my position I wanted. It takes some time so be patient and don't worry about asking questions that's why the forum is here Lots of good help here.

Get notified of new replies

To Kirkey Seat Install

Quick Reply: Kirkey Seat Install