Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track seat on stock seat adjuster?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 12:06 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Default Track seat on stock seat adjuster?

Is there any (upgrade) seat that would bolt onto the stock adjuster, or maybe with a small modification, so you still had the elec controls?

This mostly for autox.

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:30 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I've seen it done multiple times... any seat that will accept a bottom mount will work and I guess you could adapt a side mount setup to bolt to the stock rails. This issue is generally head room or the lack of it. The stock seat sort of envelops the stock track/rails and when you put a race seat on it it'll sit an inch to 2 inches higher than using a good aftermarket mount.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:52 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Thanks Travisnd,

Has anyone found a seat that "envelopes" like the stock seat? I have an inch over the helmet with stock seat pretty upright (up on the wheel).

I hear the new helmet standard has made new helmets bigger.

Last edited by froggy47; 04-27-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:03 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm 6'4" so I've only ever looked for ways to make my seat lower and lower... thus I'm currently as low as possible with an Ultrashield mounted on Hardbar seat rails with the top layer of the floor cut out so the seat can sit down in the floor.

A few years back in my old Z06 I had a set of Sparco roadsters mounted on sliders and just couldn't make it work. Ended up selling them. To mount them you need 3 parts:

1. The seat base (made my Sparco, application specific)
2. The slider (sold by Sparco as well)
3. Side mounts (I went with something other than Sparco b/c they had more adjustment holes)

You mount the side mounts to the seat, then the seat/mounts to the slider, and then all of that to the seat base then put that in the car. You'll get something similar to the factory height, but with slider ability.

However, it could always be lower with a fixed sidemount setup.

Get notified of new replies

To Track seat on stock seat adjuster?

Quick Reply: Track seat on stock seat adjuster?