Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank-you Bondurant

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 08:49 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank-you Bondurant

Went to the 2-day Z06 course in Arizona this last week! I can't thank Bob Bondurant and his instructors enough. Bob was there and was a very friendly host...his instructors were very informative and I learned more in 2 days then I would all year on the track. Thanks Ross (my instructor) for all the hands on experience. I recommend this school to everyone...they teach hands on and focus on each students needs. Plenty of seat time to learn the skills you are taught. All the instuctors are well qualified and enjoy teaching! Thanks again, I will continue to apply the skills I learned this year on the track!!

http://
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by trapp; 04-28-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:47 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

finally added the pics correctly!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:16 AM
GreekPT
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I did it with a buddy at the end of March. We got heavily discounted coupons via a guy on CF. I ended the first day of the class with a big CRASH!! Hahaha just kiddin, actually I ended it with a couple hours in the Shifter Kart class. Everything was awesome and bad ***. We had mid 70's temps, I'm guessing it was a bit warmer for you?
Old 05-06-2011, 07:42 PM
BondurantHPD
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Vendor Donor '08-'09

Thanks for your story. We are all thrilled to have Bob still here at the School meeting with the students, sharing stories and offering driving tips. We all hope to see you again soon.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:14 PM
bennettrp
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10,'13-'14,'19-'20-'21-'22

I took the 4 day Grad Prix Racing class a month ago. Always wanted to do as a "bucket list" item. Family had purchased for Christmas. Had seen a couple of articles, and liked the idea that I could drive a vette on the course.

Was one of the most thrilling (and tiring) experiences of my life. 3 days in C6's followed by one day in Formula Mazda. What a hoot!

At 60, even tho a rookie at this stuff. Thought I knew a bit about driving. But the class showed I didn't know squat.

3 students to an instructor, so you get plenty of advice. But the time on the track (alone) was the HUGE thrill. My instructor, Austin, did a super job of ferreting out my shortcomings and giving me tips on how to improve.

Can't wait to do it again.

Dick
Old 05-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Dirk Miller
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Me too.

Originally Posted by trapp
Went to the 2-day Z06 course in Arizona this last week! I can't thank Bob Bondurant and his instructors enough. Bob was there and was a very friendly host...his instructors were very informative and I learned more in 2 days then I would all year on the track. Thanks Ross (my instructor) for all the hands on experience. I recommend this school to everyone...they teach hands on and focus on each students needs. Plenty of seat time to learn the skills you are taught. All the instuctors are well qualified and enjoy teaching! Thanks again, I will continue to apply the skills I learned this year on the track!!

http://
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Glad to hear of your recent 2 day HPDE in Phoenix. It is pretty amazing, isn’t?

3 ½ years ago, I too was fortunate enough to partake in the same class. While I was waiting for my C6 to arrive, my business partner suggested I consider attending in Phoenix. At the time, one of the main reason I went was to share something special with my 21 year old daughter. She loves roller coasters and sure enough, she was glad she attended. In the end, she received a better grade than me. At the time, heal-towing, trail braking and smooth driving was not at the top of my “roller coaster” to do list. However, after returning to the Bay Area & participating in my fourth season of HPDE events, my attention to these details has taken on a new focus. The help & support they gave me there wasn’t really clearly put into practice until these past few seasons and I am glad I took mental notes.

If I were to do this over again, one thing I would have done differently, was not pay for the extra insurance they offered. Going into it, I did not know what to expect, so I signed up for their insurance. That class is under the watchful eye of so many good instructors, that most participants that I saw did not drive in such a way that involved much risk to their cars.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:46 PM
MyOwn69
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did the "Formula 1" sessions last September - certainly the best 3 car-related days of my life! Can't say enough good things about the way the staff treats people and the instructors are top-notch (of course you have to think so after surviving the "van" ride on the introductory tour! ).
Working on putting what I learned there into track time here and I WILL go back for the advanced sessions!
And yes, it WAS hot - 112 each day (but, somehow, with the pedal-to-the-metal driving going on, I didn't seem to notice it! )

Get notified of new replies

To Thank-you Bondurant

Quick Reply: Thank-you Bondurant