Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with Breathless Performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 06:46 AM
jlutherva
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Need help with Breathless Performance

About 3 weeks ago, Breathless posted an offer to sell some Michelin and Hoosier scrubs. This post was in the middle of one of the ongoing tire threads. The sizes were posted in this thread. I called them and made arrangements to purchase the Hoosiers that I recall as being listed as 295/30-18 and 345/30-19. I paid a premium price for these since the rears solved a temporary problem. I was out of town when they were delivered and din't really look at them until I was loading them up to get them mounted. Holy crap - they were all the wrong sizes! What Breathless delivered was 315/30-18 and 345/35-18.

I'm getting no return e-mail or phone calls from Ernie at Breathless so I'm getting the feeling that they think I should just deal with it. Well, may way of dealing with it will be to reverse the charge on my VISA card and force them to figure it out.

But first, I want to find the post that indicated the sizes. Does anyone recall this post? I have searched for hours and have not found it. I think I've tried every permutation of Breathless, Hoosier, various sizes, etc. with no luck.

If you recall this thread, please send me the link.

Thanks in advance
Old 04-29-2011, 07:04 AM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Try searching for 'titanium'
Old 04-29-2011, 07:42 AM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Timz06

I did a search for posts by bpperformance in this section and every post by them for tires listed 18s, no 19s. I'll keep looking though.

Last edited by Scooter70; 04-29-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:00 AM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

search "dominate"
Old 04-29-2011, 08:43 AM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They could easily edit the post and you will never find it.....sorry for your issues and I hope Breathless steps up to the plate and corrects this for you...
Old 04-29-2011, 09:39 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Timz06
Originally Posted by Jason
search "dominate"
Old 04-29-2011, 11:52 AM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by trapp
They could easily edit the post and you will never find it.....sorry for your issues and I hope Breathless steps up to the plate and corrects this for you...
this, and I've seen them do this a lot of stuff in some ongoing berating threads to try and cover tracks etc..

good luck
Old 04-29-2011, 12:00 PM
wallyman424
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why does this not surprise me?
Old 04-29-2011, 01:03 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Breathless pulled some child like crap with me as well a couple years back. Luckily I had not exchanged any money.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:14 PM
rbl
Drifting

Originally Posted by jlutherva
I'm getting no return e-mail or phone calls from Ernie at Breathless so I'm getting the feeling that they think I should just deal with it. Well, may way of dealing with it will be to reverse the charge on my VISA card and force them to figure it out.

Thanks in advance
I'd do that straight away since it is already pretty far down the road. However, VISA will ultimately require you to return the tires to them, at your expense, before the will let the disputed charges stick.

The sooner you dispute the charges the sooner it gets resolved.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:10 PM
sgsvette
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Another one bites the dust.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:45 PM
jlutherva
Drifting

Joe11204 found the post. It states C6ZO6 sizes. Most of their offers are 18" tires so they may have shipped the wrong set; however it would be nice to hear something back from them.

I'll call VISA and get the process started.

Thanks for the effort guys!
Jim
Old 04-29-2011, 08:21 PM
rbl
Drifting

Joe11204 found the post. It states C6ZO6 sizes. Most of their offers are 18" tires so they may have shipped the wrong set; however it would be nice to hear something back from them.

I'll call VISA and get the process started.

Thanks for the effort guys!
Jim
Whoa dogies ... you said they posted the exact sizes and now you're saying they said Z06 sizes ... so which is it? Or is it you don't really "recall"? And the zizes you "recall" are not stock Z06 sizes to start with ... so what's up?

Now it "seems" you have hammered this outfit and you actually did not have your facts straight.... shame on you/and maybe them.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:35 PM
wallyman424
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rbl
Whoa dogies ... you said they posted the exact sizes and now you're saying they said Z06 sizes ... so which is it? Or is it you don't really "recall"? And the zizes you "recall" are not stock Z06 sizes to start with ... so what's up?

Now it "seems" you have hammered this outfit and you actually did not have your facts straight.... shame on you/and maybe them.
C6Z06 sizes are what they advertised, which would be 18 front and 19 rear. If he got 18's all around, thats not the correct size for a C6Z06. Correct?
Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 PM
jlutherva
Drifting

Originally Posted by rbl

RBL:
"hammered this outfit"? What exactly makes you think I hammered them? I've been searching or the post to find out exactly what they did say. All I asked for was some help finding the post is see exactly what it did say. I've looked at a lot of posts for tires for sale and wanted to make sure that I had it correct. If their post had said 18" all around, I would have dropped the subject and just sold the tires for a loss.

I think I am very patient with vendors but a quick search indicates several problems with this vendor and that, coupled with no return calls or emails leaves me concerned.

Jim
Old 04-29-2011, 10:15 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

RBL:
"hammered this outfit"? What exactly makes you think I hammered them? I've been searching or the post to find out exactly what they did say. All I asked for was some help finding the post is see exactly what it did say. I've looked at a lot of posts for tires for sale and wanted to make sure that I had it correct. If their post had said 18" all around, I would have dropped the subject and just sold the tires for a loss.

I think I am very patient with vendors but a quick search indicates several problems with this vendor and that, coupled with no return calls or emails leaves me concerned.

Jim

At the VERY least the Vendor should return the call and emails. I would never consider spending my money with a Vendor if they are unresponsive to the consumer.....
Old 04-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Rednels
Instructor

Call Visa and tell them they sent you the wrong product/not as advertised.

Also make sure to document every time you email them and try to call them. Let Visa know that you have tried to get this issue resolved but the vendor will not respond to you.

Visa will reverse the charge and it will be up to that vendor to "prove" you, the customer, wrong.

Ask me how I know so much?? I run an online business and many, many times I have been hit with a chargeback and I have to meticulously document everything to prove that I am right and the customer is wrong, or the customer gets their money back.

For example, I allow the customer to choose to insure their shipment for an extra $2. We sell many cheap items, so there are plenty of customer's that do not want to pay for insurance for a $20 item. Then some moron orders a $400 item and does not insure it. Well of course UPS says it was delivered and the customer says they didn't get it.

I have to provide Visa with proof that the customer's order was delivered and proof that he did in fact decline insurance or I have to eat that bill.

Trust me on this, the vendor is guilty until proven innocent in Visa eyes. Which is good on your case

PS: Its also important to remember that disputing a charge is not final and set in concrete. If this vendor does contact you in the next couple of days and gets this issue resolved you can always call Visa and let them know, and they will reverse the chargeback. So its not like you will be ripping anyone off if they should decide to correct this issue.

Last edited by Rednels; 04-29-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Need help with Breathless Performance

Old 04-29-2011, 11:10 PM
jlutherva
Drifting

Default Update!

I got an email from Ernie at Breathless this evening. He's at Sebring this weekend testing so more to follow on Monday.
Hopefully, more to follow on Monday.
Jim
Old 04-30-2011, 01:55 AM
Rednels
Instructor

Good. I hope they get you taken care of.

I had the same problem with an outfit I purchased some tires from, it turned out they were at a race for 4 days. Once they got back they were great to deal with.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:36 AM
rbl
Drifting

Originally Posted by wallyman424
C6Z06 sizes are what they advertised, which would be 18 front and 19 rear. If he got 18's all around, thats not the correct size for a C6Z06. Correct?
That's correct; however I believe you are mistaken in your comment conclusion.

I don't know any of the parties. But, when publicly complaining about a vendor it seems to me that it is important to be very accurate. This has generated several negative comments before anyone really knew the facts and that isn't in keeping with any fairness doctrine. Unreturned calls and such are a different matter; however, this appears to have resolved with a reasonable explanation.

The original poster was not accurate (because he could not find the original post) when he went public about a vendor he had a dispute with which led to some bashing at the onset.

He said:
About 3 weeks ago, Breathless posted an offer to sell some Michelin and Hoosier scrubs. This post was in the middle of one of the ongoing tire threads. The sizes were posted in this thread. I called them and made arrangements to purchase the Hoosiers that I recall as being listed as 295/30-18 and 345/30-19.

Those are not C6 Z06 sizes ... correct?

Original Equipment Front : 275/35-18
Original Equipment Rear : 325/30-19

In fact, the add was a stand alone thread, not in the middle of one of the ongoing tire threads and says the sizes are for the Z06 only and not that they are Z06 sizes. To me, this means that the tires are take-off from their Z06 cars (that run 18's). BUT... obviously, the add is not clear and one could easily get confused. Here it is and the buyer said it is the one he relied on. It certainly can be read different ways.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...-for-sale.html

Now the buyer is saying he thought the tires were std. Z06 sizes but recalls them as non-std. Z06 sizes .... this also seems to be confusing, but he wanted them anyway. Obviously what OP thought the sizes to be were satisfactory and he made the purchase based on that belief which apparently included 19" rears.

No offense meant to anyone and hopefully the buyer will come out OK in the end and get some value in his side of the bargain - I also suspect he will. That said, I don't see any slight of hand in the transaction.

Quick Reply: Need help with Breathless Performance