Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem downloading race videos from ChaseCam

Old 05-03-2011, 08:57 PM
PushinTheLimit
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Problem downloading race videos from ChaseCam

For anyone that has a ChaseCam here ever have this problem...

I have a 4GB card that I taped my races from this past weekend. I was able to watch the video on my tv by using the cable cords to do so. So I thought I would download the video to my computer so I could edit it and post it up. Here is where my problem starts.

I bought ChaseCam's video card reader and when I plug it into the USB port of my labtop, all the drives that it has on the reader (G: H: I: J: ) all show up and are ready. But when I plug the card into the cardreader, all my drives disappear for no apparent reason I can pull the card back out of the cardreader and all the drives show back up.

I called ChaseCam and the said he had never heard of this before. Anyone else experienced this problem? Or know what direction I need to take? The only thing I can think to do now is just send them the card and cardreader and see if something is messed up on it. I tried it with my old desktop computer and it did the exact same thing.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:59 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

Michael, I don't have a chase cam, but my video camera uses an sd card. Can you just plug the sd card right into your laptop? Mine and most I have seen has a place for a sd card? I am using a Sony HD camera, I had to install the software that came from sony but I just plug my sd card right into the laptop....

BTW-good job at CMP
Old 05-03-2011, 10:33 PM
ssdeuce
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It could be your card reader won't see a 4GB card. I've had that trouble at work and swapping for a better card reader (newer) did the trick.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:42 PM
PushinTheLimit
Burning Brakes

It does it for both my 4GB and 2GB card which is weird. I'll just try a different card reader tomorrow and see what that does for me. Thanks for the suggestion guys.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:53 AM
PushinTheLimit
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BERETTA
Michael, I don't have a chase cam, but my video camera uses an sd card. Can you just plug the sd card right into your laptop? Mine and most I have seen has a place for a sd card? I am using a Sony HD camera, I had to install the software that came from sony but I just plug my sd card right into the laptop....

BTW-good job at CMP
This card is too big to put into the computer... has to have a card reader. Other people are saying I got a bad reader so I'm just going to replace it.

And thanks man... it was a blast out there and I'm learning so much. Looking forward to running with you out there. You need to come run ST2 at Road Atlanta in June... its going to be a big class.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:12 AM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by goldeneagle_10
This card is too big to put into the computer... has to have a card reader. Other people are saying I got a bad reader so I'm just going to replace it.

And thanks man... it was a blast out there and I'm learning so much. Looking forward to running with you out there. You need to come run ST2 at Road Atlanta in June... its going to be a big class.
It looks like you have come up to speed quickly

I can't seem to get anywhere since I got my Comp License
I want to try to support this new Mid South Region as much as possible, They are having Time Trials at Lil Tall. this month but it looks like another weekend that I can't get away So maybe either Rd Atl in June or Hallett in Tulsa, OK I will see you somewhere soon good Lord willing and the creek don't rise!

Get notified of new replies

To Problem downloading race videos from ChaseCam

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Problem downloading race videos from ChaseCam