Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My XYZ Brake Report to date

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 05:43 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Default My XYZ Brake Report to date

I know there was some interest from guys in the XYZ brake system.
I put them on my 06 track car and have run 4 days on them. Should have been 10 but due to early clutch problems and one day rained out, I did not get the time on them I had hoped at this point.

My thoughts so far are:

Customer Service
  • Very good so far

Original fitment
  • Had to have the hats machined out a few thousanths when I received them as they were just a bit too tight and would not seat exactly right. I think they have solved this problem since then.
  • I had them machined out and Jon paid for it
  • Had some shim issues on the install but that all worked out and now no problems with fitment whatsoever.
    I was initially pretty frustrated with the install but I get frustrated easily. In the end, it all worked out.

Brake Pads
  • the pads that came with them were "Race" pads. Not exactly sure how this would compare to a Hawk or Carbotech compound but they have been very good at stopping, very consistant throughout each session and the wear has been less than expected. I also have some Hawk DTC-70s to put on next.
  • Pad wear has been essentially even across all 4 brakes and each side.
    Pedal feel has decreased slightly from the inital wedding d*%& feel but that is pretty much universal with brakes I would think. Still very good brake pedal feel.
    I would say only about 20% wear so far.

Rotors 14" 2 piece floating rotors on all corners.
  • Even wear so far with only a very few, minor spider cracks on each one.
  • I am expecting to get quite a few events out of the rotors as compared to my NAPA rotors which sometimes did not last a full session.

Brake Lines
  • they came with new brake lines and all is well with that aspect of it.

Calipers
  • No obvious signs of issues. I have taken them off and completely cleaned and inspected them after each event.
  • the only thing I have noticed is a very slight fluid accumulation around the bleed screw. I cleaned them up and tightened them just a bit more but essentially no issue.
  • The proof will be in how they last but so far, great.

With all the work I have done to the car over the Winter, I am just getting up to speed with driving and will be standing on them more as I go.
So far I have to say I am very pleased with them overall. If I was not, I would say just that.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:04 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

Good review Bill -Thanks for posting this

Quick Reply: My XYZ Brake Report to date